Washer.

Stirlin

War Hero
£ 449......anyone in the market for a new one this is bloody good , extraklasse by name and extraklasse by performance , VERY quiet , even when spinning. Rapid 15/30 prog is best for me , even did the bedding on this prog.....cos I put fabric cond' in after second rinse it added an extra 2 mins , brilliant. Best of all a 5 year warranty.
-

Stirlin

War Hero
Supporting local dealers in times of crisis , Todd's been around for years , 5 year warranty means you are not pestered to sign up to a pricey maintenance contract , I had considered the Bosch funnily enough but they were out of stock and I needed a washer PDQ.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
The control panel went on our one - would still wash, but you couldn't see/set temp or anything. Found second-hand 'similar' unit on t'interweb, was going to cost quite a few bob on an already old machine, but missus said no!

Supermarket asked if we'd be in at 3 that afternoon....... the rest is history!

Biker Buster

Lantern Swinger
I have a beko, so far it has shaken the adjacent cupboard apart and most of the grout out of my floor tiles, plus its cracked a couple too.
So I need a machine that won't shake the sh1t out of the kitchen when it's spinning.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
However, our 'merican cousins use 60Hz

Get it?! ;)
10Hz makes no visible difference to the operation, as all the machines use electronics the power supply is tx/rx'd to D.C. and the motor is a either a universal or single phase induction motor, the 10Hz difference won't be noticeable, even to you when you're stuck on the end of the live wire.

Got it ;)

Taztiff

War Hero
10Hz makes no visible difference to the operation, as all the machines use electronics the power supply is tx/rx'd to D.C. and the motor is a either a universal or single phase induction motor, the 10Hz difference won't be noticeable, even to you when you're stuck on the end of the live wire.

Got it ;)
But it does allow our machine suppliers to add €1'000s to equipment we want to install in Costa Rica (which uses 60Hz).

Money grabbing bleeps.

Agree with your comments though - I was having a dig at Vaughanhle :rolleyes:

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I have a beko, so far it has shaken the adjacent cupboard apart and most of the grout out of my floor tiles, plus its cracked a couple too.
So I need a machine that won't shake the sh1t out of the kitchen when it's spinning.

Nail it to the deck

No need to thank me, here to help :)

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
But it does allow our machine suppliers to add €1'000s to equipment we want to install in Costa Rica (which uses 60Hz).

Money grabbing bleeps.

Agree with your comments though - I was having a dig at Vaughanhle :rolleyes:
She/he's a septic and probably has absolutely no idea what we're talking about but has lots of guns for self protection.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero

I have been inside 2 washing machines recently - one a Bosch the other a re-badged Bosch. Rather than having large springs holding onto the concrete counter weight, they both had gas shocks (like on the hatch-back of your car) - how cool is that?

Biker Buster

Lantern Swinger
I have been inside 2 washing machines recently - one a Bosch the other a re-badged Bosch. Rather than having large springs holding onto the concrete counter weight, they both had gas shocks (like on the hatch-back of your car) - how cool is that?
How is the bosch on a spin cycle?

Stirlin

War Hero
The Siemens is very quiet on 1400 spin , no vibration......I did the £1 coin balance on top test when it was up to full speed , stayed upright for about 10 secs.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
It's a 1200 and appears to do what it says on the box....... It is in a 'secret cupboard' so there is no room for a coin of any sort on top, but my leader never noticed it the other day on the test flight.

I was advised to buy the cheapest machine of the best make you could afford. So arguably a Miele, but some of the Samsungs look seriously good. I just like Bosch, tools and white goods.

Look at us roughy toughy matelots discussing washing machines FFS! Anyone got a good tofu recipe? :rolleyes:

Latest Threads