Was Rum Ration a Better forum in the Olden Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

slim

War Hero
I recently complained that I was unable to access posts that I had made before 2018
Well I now I can and so can you.
I typed my user name Slim into the search engine, and low and behold paosts as far back as 2013 appeared.
I also typed other long term user names into the search engine as well and the saame thing happened.
Now there wer some of my posts which as if by magic had been removed but most of them are still there along with ALL the responses.
So if you wish to compare todays RR with days of your why not try it.
It certainly mkes interesting reading.
If you have only been on the site a short time try someone elses user name, sombody who has been on the site for longer.
Some people you will notice have left the site.
Some interesting names to try:
Lingyai
Sussex2
MontyP
Levers Aligned
Witsend
and of course SLIM

D

Deleted 493

I recently complained that I was unable to access posts that I had made before 2018
Snowflake, much?

Well I now I can and so can you.
Always could, and so could you

I typed my user name Slim into the search engine, and low and behold paosts as far back as 2013 appeared.
Yay! Technology! I'm getting that opening scene in 2001: A Space Odyssey with the chimps in my mind here

I also typed other long term user names into the search engine as well and the saame thing happened.
What? You typed other people in and your posts appeared? I'd have a word with one of the Moderators if I were you.

How can I help?

Now there wer some of my posts which as if by magic had been removed but most of them are still there along with ALL the responses.
Ever thought they may have been removed for a reason? I'd have a word with one of the Moderators if I were you.

How can I help?

So if you wish to compare todays RR with days of your why not try it.
It certainly mkes interesting reading.
Fuck me. Really?I mean really? So much to do, so many of life's experiences to achieve and so many boxes to tick, and you'e recommending we trawl through a dark, uninteresting corner of the internet here there's a naval forum where sad fuckers like you hang about like a bad smell to do ... what exactly?

If you have only been on the site a short time try someone elses user name, sombody who has been on the site for longer.
Some people you will notice have left the site.
Some interesting names to try:
Lingyai
Sussex2
MontyP
Levers Aligned
Witsend
and of course SLIM
I'll translate that: I am currently having a rather fucking tough time sustaining credibility on some dark corner of the internet where there's a naval forum I hang about like a bad smell. I am nailed into my questionable mindset on minority groups and when challenged, have been exposed as a rather simple creature with racist opinions. The accuser is a tenacious but articulate blowhard and despite my attempts to avoid his well structured questions and accusations, I am effectively fucked, cornered and made to look a right dickhead. So what I'm filling my time with is trawling through past posts, social media and other internet outlets to undermine his position. It's the best I can do. I'l stop at nothing to do it and me and my mates have a hefty .xls on this person and am not afraid to show him what we know about him, just to shut him up. It's not the work of cunts at all, no siree! In fact, every person who has slighted me or countered my aggrandised position on this forum as some prehistoric old bigot needs a look at also. As if it changes anything.

Will that do?

You're sad old fucker, Slim. Get back to first principles, answer for your Brexit Bullshit (here and on ROMFT) stop playing the player (and his details, job and family life) and get to the fucking point, eh? Or be deleted. Simple as.

levers

ps: You can go and whine to your cavemen chums over on ROMFT if you want, feller, but I think they've had enough already. I really don't blame them. ROMFT isn't the place really for you to attempt to take me on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Snowflake, much?

Always could, and so could you

Yay! Technology! I'm getting that opening scene in 2001: A Space Odyssey with the chimps in my mind here

What? You typed other people in and your posts appeared? I'd have a word with one of the Moderators if I were you.

How can I help?

Ever thought they may have been removed for a reason? I'd have a word with one of the Moderators if I were you.

How can I help?

**** me. Really?I mean really? So much to do, so many of life's experiences to achieve and so many boxes to tick, and you'e recommending we trawl through a dark, uninteresting corner of the internet here there's a naval forum where sad ******* like you hang about like a bad smell to do ... what exactly?

I'll translate that: I am currently having a rather ******* tough time sustaining credibility on some dark corner of the internet where there's a naval forum I hang about like a bad smell. I am nailed into my questionable mindset on minority groups and when challenged, have been exposed as a rather simple creature with racist opinions. The accuser is a tenacious but articulate blowhard and despite my attempts to avoid his well structured questions and accusations, I am effectively fucked, cornered and made to look a right ********. So what I'm filling my time with is trawling through past posts, social media and other internet outlets to undermine his position. It's the best I can do. I'l stop at nothing to do it and me and my mates have a hefty .xls on this person and am not afraid to show him what we know about him, just to shut him up. It's not the work of ***** at all, no siree! In fact, every person who has slighted me or countered my aggrandised position on this forum as some prehistoric old bigot needs a look at also. As if it changes anything.

Will that do?

You're sad old ******, Slim. Get back to first principles, answer for your Brexit Bullshit (here and on ROMFT) stop playing the player (and his details, job and family life) and get to the ******* point, eh? Or be deleted. Simple as.

levers

ps: You can go and whine to your cavemen chums over on ROMFT if you want, feller, but I think they've had enough already. I really don't blame them. ROMFT isn't the place really for you to attempt to take me on.
Oooph! That’s like the old days.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
You can go and whine to your cavemen chums over on ROMFT if you want, feller, but I think they've had enough already. I really don't blame them.
I don’t think that threads went as hoped for the OP. I do get the impression a few want to say ‘STFU slim’ but are just too pretend polite, hahahahaha........

slim

War Hero
I don’t think that threads went as hoped for the OP. I do get the impression a few want to say ‘STFU slim’ but are just too pretend polite, hahahahaha........
Hello Buddy
The thread is going exactly the way I wanted it to.
Now let it progress as it is the weekend and not many people on RR.
From your own postings (look at them) it is plain that you deither had very different views to those that you hold now and were much more fun to read.
However you have degenerated into what you are and are now just a bigotted MODs yes boy.
Your plea to Bad CO advising him that we who disagree with the MOD had been bad and the MOD in question was a fkn saint (my words not yours) made me laugh. It did him more harm than anything that I could have written.
So Snowflake put that in your pipe and smoke it.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Hello Buddy
From your own postings (look at them) it is plain that you deither had very different views to those that you hold now and were much more fun to read.
However you have degenerated into what you are and are now just a bigotted MODs yes boy.
Your plea to Bad CO advising him that we who disagree with the MOD had been bad and the MOD in question was a fkn saint (my words not yours) made me laugh. It did him more harm than anything that I could have written.
You crack on with whatever internet crusade you’re on. I’m just going to poke you with the laughing stick as you continue to make yourself look stupid.

D

Deleted 493

Hello Buddy
You 'really' his buddy, wits? Thought not.

What? The same way you thought dragging me over to the council estate for a punch up would? Got to be honest, there's a lot of people sick of the sight of me over there and pissed off with you for kicking it off. Your call.

So, what are you expecting? A whole legion of your 'mates' to parachute in and flame it all up? That fucking worked over one ROMFT, didn't it? Christ. You're sounding more and more desperate by very fucking post, grubbing around for deets, trying to stoke shit up, appealing to the crowd (who dont give a fat fuck about you, your opinions or even me. 'Sad' isn't even a word for you Slim.

And your point is ... what, exactly? In context, the world has evolved over the years. You however, haven't. You're like some Paleolithic bacterium living on the shit of the dinosaurs. Fossilised.

Note to board: Slim doesn't know what 'bigoted' means. Or how to spell it. He didn't even use the word, until I used it to describe him. He looked it up and it sounded good. So he uses it on people who are far from bigoted.

Really? I thought it was quite kind, actually. And correct. So my patience ran out and I started deleting people.

Hah. 'Snowflake', from someone bellyaching 'fings aint wot they used ter be' and complaining to Bad CO, PMing others on ROMFT and compiling personal deets on RR board members to use against them.

Good work, Slim.

levers

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
You 'really' his buddy, wits? Thought not.

What? The same way you thought dragging me over to the council estate for a punch up would? Got to be honest, there's a lot of people sick of the sight of me over there and pissed off with you for kicking it off. Your call.

So, what are you expecting? A whole legion of your 'mates' to parachute in and flame it all up? That ******* worked over one ROMFT, didn't it? Christ. You're sounding more and more desperate by very ******* post, grubbing around for deets, trying to stoke shit up, appealing to the crowd (who dont give a fat **** about you, your opinions or even me. 'Sad' isn't even a word for you Slim.

And your point is ... what, exactly? In context, the world has evolved over the years. You however, haven't. You're like some Paleolithic bacterium living on the shit of the dinosaurs. Fossilised.

Note to board: Slim doesn't know what 'bigoted' means. Or how to spell it. He didn't even use the word, until I used it to describe him. He looked it up and it sounded good. So he uses it on people who are far from bigoted.

Really? I thought it was quite kind, actually. And correct. So my patience ran out and I started deleting people.

Hah. 'Snowflake', from someone bellyaching 'fings aint wot they used ter be' and complaining to Bad CO, PMing others on ROMFT and compiling personal deets on RR board members to use against them.

Good work, Slim.

levers
That is quite harsh levers, but fair!

Take this thread, another look at me bollocks.
Threads bumped that are older than the kids.
A quick read on the ‘what beer..’ thread and homosexuals and registers comes up. Ehhhhh?
A thread over on ROMFT about all this, wtf!
And the PERSEC stuff. As far as I know levers is a serving member. Implied threats and highlighting that his personal information is available (Family??) is not fucking on in my eyes.

Get a grip slim.

slim

War Hero
That is quite harsh levers, but fair!

Take this thread, another look at me bollocks.
Threads bumped that are older than the kids.
A quick read on the ‘what beer..’ thread and homosexuals and registers comes up. Ehhhhh?
A thread over on ROMFT about all this, wtf!
And the PERSEC stuff. As far as I know levers is a serving member. Implied threats and highlighting that his personal information is available (Family??) is not ******* on in my eyes.

Get a grip slim.
aad.png

Status
Not open for further replies.