Was it you?

8) Following the service for Rememberance Sunday at Worcester Cathedral whilst waiting by the War Memorial for the silence and last post ;- I noticed a former [or may be still serving] Royal Marine with the globe and laruel blazer badge and a shade of green tie with daggers on and a medal that I did not recogonise. A credit to the service. I know that Ex R.D. has connections with Worcester and I am wondering Ex. R.D. if it was you :?: 8)

jesse said:
8) Following the service for Rememberance Sunday at Worcester Cathedral whilst waiting by the War Memorial for the silence and last post ;- I noticed a former [or may be still serving] Royal Marine with the globe and laruel blazer badge and a shade of green tie with daggers on and a medal that I did not recogonise. A credit to the service. I know that Ex R.D. has connections with Worcester and I am wondering Ex. R.D. if it was you :?: 8)
Hello mate. No my morning was spent at a location just outside of Worcester and I wore neither my green lid or Corps colours. My reason is that there are far braver men than me going off to sandy places so wearing a green lid etc would make me feel a bit of a fraud despite earning the right to wear one.

X.R.D said:
jesse said:
Hello mate. No my morning was spent at a location just outside of Worcester and I wore neither my green lid or Corps colours. My reason is that there are far braver men than me going off to sandy places so wearing a green lid etc would make me feel a bit of a fraud despite earning the right to wear one.
Ditto, I managed a BRNC tie, but never wear my medal "for services to taskbook training" as, although entitled to it by the qualifying criteria, I feel an utter charlatan when I get into conversation with other wearers...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
PartTimePongo Current Affairs 17