Was it worth it; and did it work?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by jesse, Oct 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :naka: As I've posted many times, my era was the 50s where I'm quite happily frozen. I was; and still am; 8) one of those bastards that give you the shites by pissing up, bagging off[Depending on my luck :lol: ] and rocking the night away :blob3: and still rising before call the hands to run to Eastney and back :x My garage is like the set of a Rocky film and as I was working out this morning :strong: I slipped down memory lane :? My sports were boxing, welter and middle, and distance running, x country and road. I recall spartan, changing rooms,that today would carry a health hazard warning, reeking with the stench of Wintergreen and live oil. 8O Back then we thought of that fluid as a magic potion that would protect us from any form of sports injury. :roll: We happily rubbed it into every muscle and joint and the smell, once smelled you will never forget. :evil: [Ring any bells?] Can any present day medics Doctors and club swingers answer this question. DID IT DO ANY FCUKING GOOD? :( Or was it all an act of faith? Would we have done better rubbing it on the changing bench? :wink: