Was he a Marine??

Discussion in 'RMR' started by yonexian, Feb 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all

Thanks for taking the time for reading this and I apologize for the vagueness of this post and a sorry for putting it in more than one board.

I have a friend who claims he was in the Royal Marines.

As the weeks go by I am starting to doubt that he was and he seems to use the fact he was to manipulate situations.

I'm guessing he would of served between the years of 1987 and 1994 again this is quite vague.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]His name is Simon Brown
    Known as Sam or Stan Brown to his friends
    He comes from Derby and is big Derby county fan and he loves Military History.
    When he was in the marines he told me he was a sniper and they bought him a special rifle.

Happy to answer any more questions if I can.
    Many thanks

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

He got a special rifle the ******* ******........ bet it was a SLR
  3. He got bought a special rifle?....................they only bought me a triangle - cheapskate feckers
  4. wet_blobby

I doubt anyone has ever heard of a Sam Browne in the Corps.

Anyway.... back to the gun..... what did the Corps buy him, the lucky ****?
  5. Yeah, just what type of rifle did they buy him?

just rub it in why dont ya blobbs.............
  6. wet_blobby

I'm taking it the Corps didn't buy you your own rifle...... Biff.....
  7. The corps even bought me a rifle and I never even served in the Marines.

They must've hated you.

In other news, yesterday some **** asked me 'that question.'

"I know it's a long shot but I don't suppose you knew a bloke in the Navy called Dave Smith? I went to school with him."

I barely remember the names of my own family members, let alone some **** who I once happened to share an employer with, along with 35,000 other people.
  8. That I don't know of what rifle he did tell me the model but it doesn't mean anything to me. It was a nod politely when he told me. I think it was russian though not 100% sure though.
  9. wet_blobby

That's just waffle 2DD.

The Corps didn't but you a gun because you're not worthy.

******* matelots. :)
  10. wet_blobby

Just ask him his service number. There's a few of us on here who served during the time scale you mention. Do that or shout "naked Bar" the next time you're in the pub, see what happens and report back. Or......... Man the **** up and call him out you big ******* jessie.
  11. Bite Bite Bite Bite
  12. I think I know the bloke but we called him Buster.
  13. This bloke was medically discharged from the Marines.
  14. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

yonexian, read wet blobby's post. Ask the guy's service number, the serving and ex bootnecks on here will soon be able to verify or disprove the claim from that info.
  15. Does that mean he could not have been called Buster?

You could also ask him what his troop number was at CTCRM.
  16. Sorry didn't explain that very well you said you thought you might have known him. This was just an additional piece of information that might have confirmed if you knew him or not.
  17. you could always shout hit the beaches and see his response, if he researches military he must know what Matelots, Crabs and pongo’s are ask him
  18. Does he wear a dress?
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The Marines bought me a computer. Gen.Not sure if that helps, but thought I'd mention it and say "Ta". I've not asked for a gun yet, but I'll let you know how I get on.
  20. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hmmn, doesn't sound too promising. I've just been sworn at.