Was downgraded, can I join RN?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by smallarms, Jan 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Put this elsewhere, probably in the wrong place so I'll try again. I am mid twenties, soldier, and leaving the army.

Currently downgraded P3 with collapsed arches, and have been for two years. Getting there now with the physio and that, what are my chances of joining the RN at a later date when I'm fixed, if I'm discharged as P3 from the army? Any advice appreciated.

I grew up with the RN and should have gone there in the first place, had a good time but want a change now. I've no illusions or anything!

2. Tricky this - if you are subsequently upgraded to P2 you should be able to apply for premature discharge from the Army to join the RN (subject to agreement from the RN for the transfer). If, however, you are MBOS'd out of the Army, it is unlikely that you will be medically fit for RN entry
  3. Thanks for your reply.

What is MBOS'd? I have done 6 years and am leaving normally in a few months.

The physio reckons it may be possible to upgrade me if I can do a BPFA, but I wont be able to do a combat fitness test with a bergen.

Obviously would think I'd be ok if I leave fit, if not though and I am later ok?
  4. MBOS = Medical Board Of Survey
  5. Cheers clanky, is that a medical discharge? No danger of that.