Warship

md08 said:
scouse said:
dean5778 said:
i've been trying to watch this online, it just skips and freezes so much. I never get that issue with BBC iPlayer, 4OD, sky player etc... tried looking for it on torrents. but cant see any. would be good to watch though. wonder if it's on DVD?
:whew: go to you tube :thumright: and watch the episodes of "Sailor" :thumright: quality

Managed to get a copy of the DVD series of Sailor, would recommend it to anyone. My favorite episode, the one about little Wilf "oiiii winkers!"

Wilf has now grown up (a bit) and calls himself Scouse! :w00t:

I understand that knee-length side-burns are currently out of fashion in today's RN and Brut can only be purchased from antique dealers.

IB08

Lantern Swinger
If it was a boost for recruitment, then brilliant. I think channel five should be authorised to make another series in that case, following recruits through HMS raleigh/ BRNC would be a good idea I think. Many potential recruits are always worried by phase 1 training. The army and RAF are/will have series running on channel five (combat chefs and warzone, apparently starts on the 5th Jan, based in KAF). As the RN is a service that is frequently overlooked, I think docu soaps are a good way of attracting people who may never have even considered a life in the RN to enquire and (hopefully) then enlist.

Leatherland_NJ

Midshipman
IB08 said:
If it was a boost for recruitment, then brilliant. I think channel five should be authorised to make another series in that case, following recruits through HMS raleigh/ BRNC would be a good idea I think. Many potential recruits are always worried by phase 1 training. The army and RAF are/will have series running on channel five (combat chefs and warzone, apparently starts on the 5th Jan, based in KAF). As the RN is a service that is frequently overlooked, I think docu soaps are a good way of attracting people who may never have even considered a life in the RN to enquire and (hopefully) then enlist.

Phase 1 documentary would be quite good, but kind of boring for TV don't you think? Oh noes, the recruit is struggling to get the right creases in his shirt! It's not good TV. However, a documentary following someone from when they walk into the careers office to passing phase 2-3 training for example would be pretty good.

D

Deleted 493

IB08 said:

The same company who made Warship have been filming on Endurance, during their 18 month deployment. They've managed to get off there pretty damned quick and I suspect that series will now be shitcanned by MoDPR. I've seen and heard what happened on there and it wasn't pretty. Suffice to say, thank your lucky stars you all do the DRIU now and again.

=(

levers

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
Leatherland_NJ said:
IB08 said:

Phase 1 documentary would be quite good, but kind of boring for TV don't you think? Oh noes, the recruit is struggling to get the right creases in his shirt! It's not good TV. However, a documentary following someone from when they walk into the careers office to passing phase 2-3 training for example would be pretty good.

Phase 1 documentary was done a good few years ago for the RN, and I vaguely recall seeing a similar programme on the booties too. The culture shock at leaving civvy life and the necessary adjustments to conform to service life actually make quite ood subjects for a documentary. Personally, I think I'd find the phase 2-3 training far less interesting - "changing" people into leaders on the other hand could again provide some interest.

TheLastStoker

Lantern Swinger
IB08 said:
Wtf happened on endurance? Apart from the engine thing? Misconduct? Hostility troward the camera crew?

I think he means the tons of sea water pi5sing into the ship!

Dont know the details myself but the dits flying round have been quite good to say the least!

steve2805

I've just got a reply from the gent on youtube. The disks are indeed only £8.50 which I think is very reasonable. Even cheaper without the covers. And it includes shipping! Bargain!
I'm really keen to get this set - the user has been removed from youtube :( Do you by any chance have a contact email for him? Or would you sell a copy of your disks?

Please get in touch at [email protected]

Steve