WARSHIP

Discussion in 'History' started by rod-gearing, Apr 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anybody remember the series 'Warship' about HMS Hero, we on Rothesay played HMS Boedacia(?) Is it out on DVD,it was made in the early 70's

2. Remember it well. The MAA was played by the late Pat Roach.
    Great series.

More info see

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warship_(TV_series)

3. Was quite a good series for it's time. Can't help laughing at my other half telling me about how the first series was filmed on HMS FOBE - she couldn't pronounce PHOEBE !!

4. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I'm sure I saw it advertised in one of the bits of bumph you get with the sunday papers..

5. My grandmother thought it was a brilliant series, but she hated the series about the old Ark Royal. This was despite my Chief Stoker father trying to point out to her that Warship wasn't real, and it was rubbish!

6. Ah memories! I, along with other members of the after POs mess, on Eskimo, got rescued by HMS HERO. We had set out in the motor cutter for a fishing trip in the Solent. About three miles out the engine packed up. Pussers greys were leaving Pompey, so we set off distress flares, but to no avail. Down to the last one, situation not desperate but bloody scarey. Then along comes Phoebe, alias Hero, and sends across a POME. He fixes the engine, downs a few cans, and tells Phoebe that he will need to stay with us, as we return to Eskimo, in case the engine packs up again. As the ship was out for a couple of days he got some buckshe time at home.

Semper Strenuissima.