Warship: Life At Sea

Dusty70

War Hero
Surprised no one has commented yet, so I will start

The efforts of the commentator to dramatist everything is not giving a true reflection - it is real life or drama, you can't have both.

New baby chef 'has never been in a kitchen before' - he didn't do any training then ?? (then an officer giving him a tour of the ship- yeah OK)

BA fire team entering with no hoses or water

AGI getting within 14 miles ' with identity masked' if true navy better start shittin itself

It;s an AGI 'sound action stations'..............................................please, if true the navy spends it's life at action stations

and other stuff - but if I was a civvy it wasn't bad ;)

Surprised no one has commented yet, so I will start

The efforts of the commentator to dramatist everything is not giving a true reflection - it is real life or drama, you can't have both.

New baby chef 'has never been in a kitchen before' - he didn't do any training then ?? (then an officer giving him a tour of the ship- yeah OK)

BA fire team entering with no hoses or water

AGI getting within 14 miles ' with identity masked' if true navy better start shittin itself

It;s an AGI 'sound action stations'..............................................please, if true the navy spends it's life at action stations

and other stuff - but if I was a civvy it wasn't bad ;)

I suspect that the baby chef has been through Worthy Down, where they don’t have a “Galley”, just training Kitchens.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
EWO in the gash space, sorting through the gash........ yeh right!
A/SO showing round a sprog...... yeh right!
Not identifying a Russian warship until it was visual...... yeh right!

'I don't even know if I'll get sea-sick'..... if he survived that episode, he'll be fine. I would have been inside out!

If I was a civvy I'd love that - I'll be watching them all, but not going off like some silly old farts on FaceArse.

fishhead

War Hero
It's so long since I was on a Pusser's war canoe I almost take things at face value. The baby chef having come straight from basic training took some believing although to be fair to the lad he didn't act as though he had any clue what was going on. I fancy the smoke in the machinery space was an exercise rather than anything serious.
I think the TV folk think they have to dramatize everything or they won't hold our interest so the long days at sea when sod all happens get edited out.

It's so long since I was on a Pusser's war canoe I almost take things at face value. The baby chef having come straight from basic training took some believing although to be fair to the lad he didn't act as though he had any clue what was going on. I fancy the smoke in the machinery space was an exercise rather than anything serious.
I think the TV folk think they have to dramatize everything or they won't hold our interest so the long days at sea when sod all happens get edited out.
From the EWO’s face when the general alarm went off (which you’re not supposed to use in exercises), he’s either a superlative actor and has missed his calling, or it was a genuine fire that was extinguished when they turned the power off…

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
From the EWO’s face when the general alarm went off (which you’re not supposed to use in exercises), he’s either a superlative actor and has missed his calling, or it was a genuine fire that was extinguished when they turned the power off…
We use the general alarm for exercises on boats. Safeguard rule in force during workups so no need to pipe "for exercise" .

LifebuoyGhost

Lantern Swinger
We use the general alarm for exercises on boats. Safeguard rule in force during workups so no need to pipe "for exercise" .
Just watched it having recorded it - like others I thought it was a bit over dramatic in places but I guess the tv needs that - but - that baby chef’s bum fluff really got up my nose - do they not have the full set rule anymore
Will be watching the rest though - for the goffers and Northern Lights as much as owt else