Warrior Women - a discussion piece

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by Ageing_Gracefully, Mar 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

In conjunction with the review on Warrior Women, the authors and Flint Management have brought a piece on Women in Warfare for discussion. If you wish to comment please read the review on Warrior Women first so that your thoughts are focussed on the subject! :)

Warrior Women.jpg

Rosalind Miles and Robin Cross are a husband and wife team with individual, extremely successful careers. Both are Oxford scholars with, between them, extensive experience in woman’s issues and military history. Rosalind was educated at Oxford, Birmingham and Leicester Universities, holds 5 degrees and was declared an “Alien of Extraordinary Ability” in the USA. Rosalind has worked in TV, magazines, consultancies to business on diversity and women’s issues as well as being an acclaimed author of both fiction and non-fiction. Robin has considerable experience in journalism, working with John Keegan at the Daily Telegraph, as part of the team reporting on the Gulf War in 1990-91 and military history, working as consultant editor on John Keegan’s History of the Second World War and General Sir John Hackett’s Warfare in the Ancient World. Robin has written VE Day: Victory in Europe; Citadel : The Battle of Kursk; In Memoriam : Remembering the Great War (in association with IWM) and Hitler : A Biography. Robin and Rosalind have collaborated previously on Hell Hath No Fury.

They bring their considerable experience together to write Warrior Women: 3000 Years of Courage and Heroism and introduce this feature to open discussion on the subject of Women and Warfare.

Warrior Womenis published by Quercus and can be bought from Amazon by clicking here.

Quercus logo.jpg
    FLINT.jpg

2. There is an article, by Rosalind Miles, about women serving in combat roles in today's Times if anyone is interested.

3. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Do you have a link or is pay to read only?

4. Sorry, I don't have a link as I couldn't see the article at Times online. I guess it would be pay to view anyway.

I bought the Times newspaper this morning and it is in there.