warrior/naafi loans PPI

Discussion in 'Finance & Pensions' started by cheesyestniknak, Oct 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Folks,
    Just had a guy on the phone saying he could get my PPI back for a loan I took out in my affluent youth!!!! I had a loan through the naafi. I think it was through Warrior group. I need to get hold of some contact details for them to get my loan agreement number. I have searched the net for Warrior financial group but to no avail. What I need is to find out wether they might have traded for somebody else ( Eg. GE capital bank/HSBC). I took this loan out over 10 years ago so thing might have changed with Naafi finance?
    Any help would be appreciated. Ta. :D
  2. Can you not find anything from NAAFI themselves cheesy?

Good luck with this - I'm currently awaiting a hoped for pay-out of just over 3K from a certain credit card. Some may consider it a bit of a scam, but they're richer than me and I love hitting the rich :D .
  3. Cheesy

As we are talking about a company dealing in Finance, I realised that they would have had to have been registered with the FSA, so I consulted the FSA Register for you.

They were registered. The Warrior Group was bought by Close Brothers in 2002 and is now part of Close Brothers Military Services.

You can contact them here:

4. Sweet as a nut shipmate. some good news at last. exactly what I was after.thanks very much.
    Cheesy :lol: est by far!
  5. Do NOT get conned into paying money for this guy's help. It is extremely unlikely you will get your original money back.

Trust me, I am a lawyer!
  6. DO NOT R DO NOT under any circs, agree to any company tackling this on your behalf.

Most companies charge 25% plus VAT.

Go to Martins Money Tips

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/Money tips

They have templates for most things, which are free. Just insert your personal details into the template and off you go.

I got all of the PPI back from a Lloyds TSB loan and interest on top.

Any probs, PM me.
  7. Beware. There is a six year time limit on some claims. As yours goes back ten years you might dip out. Good suggestion for looking at Money Saving Expert website. 8)
  8. Brilliant website that is. Helped me a hell of a lot when I had money problems in uni.
  9. Mate,

Just got mine through from what was egg, took a while but well worth it. Martiansmonytips is a top web site!

Sent from my Onda Vi40 Elite - Top Notch Tablets Edition using Tapatalk 2

10. SAFEGUARD :shock:Avoid those aliens at all costs.

Try 'Martin Lewis'* here instead:

Money Saving Expert: Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more

BTW BBC June 2012 <<High-profile personal finance commentator and campaigner Martin Lewis has sold his MoneySavingExpert.com website for up to £87m.

It is being bought by MoneySupermarket.com which runs an online price comparison service.

Martin Lewis will remain as editor-in-chief of MoneySavingExpert, which will retain its editorial independence via an agreed editorial code...>>

BBC News - Martin Lewis sells MoneySavingExpert.com for £87m
    • Like Like x 1