Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WARRANT ISSUED ON MAN

safewalrus

War Hero
You've got to admit a story about a woman being battered to death in a particularly horrible way, being issued by a Tourist Board has got to be different!

Come to "Rotherham and die!" is not what I'd call a good point for tourism but each to his own I guess!

It doesn't get much more exciting than this back home in Sunderland:

Shit

but life does have it's more entertaining moments such as OAP vigilantes:

OAP Dirty Harry

Both articles courtersy of the Sunderland Echo - not exactly The Times, but close.

Stripey_G

War Hero
TattooDog said:
It doesn't get much more exciting than this back home in Sunderland:

Shit

but life does have it's more entertaining moments such as OAP vigilantes:

OAP Dirty Harry

Both articles courtersy of the Sunderland Echo - not exactly The Times, but close.

Like the "shit" report...where the dog owners are photographed running away...another slant to the "Shit Speed Cameras"!! :grin: :grin:

Shakey

War Hero
Rotherham News Update.

It's THE place for an exciting life!

Robber Chucks Bairn Across Shop

A baby girl is today lucky to be alive after an armed robber grabbed her by the throat, threatened her with a gun and hurled her six feet across the floor banging her head on a metal chair.

Eight-week-old Iqranoor Adnan was attacked after being pulled from her mother's arms by the thug, who was also brandishing a knife, during the terrifying raid on a Sheffield shop.
The baby's mum Marooj Akhtar, aged 21, of Millhouses, was helping her mother Asmat Begum, 52, at the Fashion Mahal fabric shop, in Wolseley Road, Lowfield, when the incident happened.
Marooj said: "I was petrified. I did not think he would do that to a baby - she could have been killed. You don't expect a human being to do that no matter how violent they are.
"It's left my daughter with a blood clot on the surface of her head and a big bruise at the back. After it happened she had a high temperature and she was so much in shock we had to slap her so she regained consciousness."

Marooj said: "He said 'give me your handbag'. He then started throwing things about in the shop. I gave him my bag but he said 'there's another bag, I want this lady's bag', pointing at my mum. He also picked up my baby's bag and chucked it at me."
The robber cut the telephone line with his knife and broke the phone.
Asmat was threatened and handed over a blue bag containing a substantial amount of money - but managed to sneak out of a back door and raise the alarm.
"He realised she had gone out and ran towards the front of the shop," Marooj said.
"I was holding Iqranoor but he grabbed her by her dungarees and was throttling her by the neck. He pointed his gun towards her and said 'Tell the bitch to come back or I'm going to shoot her'.
"Then he heard my mum shouting for help and threw Iqranoor across the room, landing hitting her head against a metal chair. He hit a couple of the rolls of fabric, shouted 'I'll be back', and ran out of the shop."
Marooj followed him outside and two men who were on the street chased after him, but he ran off down Staveley Road towards Chippinghouse Road and on to Broadfield Road, with Marooj's white bag under his arm.

Alleged Kiddie Fiddler Allegedly Tops Himself.

AN INQUEST has been opened into the death of a suspected paedophile whose body was found hours after a national manhunt was sparked by BBC's Crimewatch.

Mark James Ross, a 42-year-old painter and decorator from Rotherham, was wanted in connection with downloading indecent images of children.
An appeal was launched to find him on the national crimebusting programme last Thursday night .
His body was found near a railway line hours later in the early hours of Friday morning.
A Rotherham inquest heard unmarried Mr Ross was so badly injured his body "was in more than one part".
Relatives burst into tears when they heard the evidence.
British Transport Police said there were no suspicious circumstances and that his death was consistent with him having been hit by a train.

Pointless Robbery

POLICE are tracing an armed robber who raided a fish and chip shop in Thurnscoe.
The man threatened staff at the 'Fish Bar' on Lidget Lane with an unknown weapon - but not a gun - and made off with a small amount of money from the till.
Staff chased the robber, described as a white male, for a while but he managed to get away. No-one was injured in the incident, which happened at about 10pm on Tuesday (February 6), and police are appealing for information from the public.

A Pint And A Fight - A Great Yorkshire Night

POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a man lost part of his ear in a Golthorpe pub assault.
The man was taken to hospital following the incident at Gold Nugget Club also known as the Pigeon club, on Co-Operative St, Goldthorpe, on Saturday.
The victim along with the severed ear was taken by ambulance to Doncaster Hospital and then later transferred to the Northern General Hospital in Sheffield.
After further enquiries it was established that the 26 year old Male had been assaulted earlier in the evening between 8.30pm and 8.45pm.

Local Horticultarist In Police Shocker

CANNABIS PLANTS FOUND IN MAN'S HOME
A BOLTON man who admitted growing 33 cannabis plants at his home received a six-months suspended sentence after police accepted the drug was for his own use.
Leslie Robert Sewell, of Wath Road, pleaded guilty to cultivating the plants with a street value of £400 after police raided his home.
Barnsley Magistrates heard officers found the plants, together with an hydroponics set up and an incubator, when they executed a search warrant at the house on November 6 last year. An amount of cannabis resin was also siezed and a set of weighing scales.
Prosecuting, June Allen, said Sewell was arrested and told police he had been smoking cannabis for 15 years. He told them he had grown the plants for his own use, admitting the team had found what was his third crop of the drug.
Defending, Eric Bray, said the defendant had suffered from depression after moving to his house and was using the cannabis for self-medication. He had come across the idea of producing his own as a means of saving money and bought the cultivating equipment. His first growth had been a failure but he had persevered and two months before the offence was discovered, he had managed to grow a second crop enough to "cover the bottom of a carrier bag". When the police visited his home the third crop was in the early stages of cultivation.
Mr Bray said there were no signs he was growing it on a commercial basis and even though a set of scales had been discovered he maintained he had used them to measure ammounts of cannabis he himself had bought for his own use. No money was found in the house associated with selling drugs.

Issued by the Rotherham Tourist Information Board.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
slim said:
Nice to see that the paedophile had the good grace to do for us what the law will not!

Do you really mean that or just saying it for comedic effect? The passage states:
Alleged Kiddie Fiddler Allegedly Tops Himself.

AN INQUEST has been opened into the death of a suspected paedophile whose body was found hours after a national manhunt was sparked by BBC's Crimewatch.

Mark James Ross, a 42-year-old painter and decorator from Rotherham, was wanted in connection with downloading indecent images of children.
An appeal was launched to find him on the national crimebusting programme last Thursday night .
His body was found near a railway line hours later in the early hours of Friday morning.
A Rotherham inquest heard unmarried Mr Ross was so badly injured his body "was in more than one part".
Relatives burst into tears when they heard the evidence.
British Transport Police said there were no suspicious circumstances and that his death was consistent with him having been hit by a train.

Was he a convicted paedophile? No.
Was is possible that, owing to the stress caused by the impending investigation into the allegations against him, he decided to take his own life? Yes.

Imagine yourself being in a similar situation; being accused of something that you may not have done. Think about how desperate you would be to put an end to your own life, well aware of the emotional grief to your relatives. Then criticise.

slim

War Hero
An innocent man would wait for the outcome of any investigation. I ask why he waited until after crimewatch which in most cases concentrates on serious crimes.
If he was innocent he had nothing to worry about. If not I am more concerned with innocent children than so called Kiddy fiddlers.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
I see that the Journo who wrote the article is a lucky lady "Dee Adcock"

Mind you I suppose a true lady wouldn't be advertising the fact

sweeney

Lantern Swinger
So its safe to say, rotherham pisses all over everywhere else when it comes to cock on news. Top work shakey,

Up the Millers!

Shakey

War Hero
Rotherham News - Early Weekend Edition

Rotherham - it has a Burberry factory. What more do you need to know?

Someone Nicks A Drill From A Car
A BOSCH drill was stolen from a silver Peugeot van, which was parked in a bay near to the MFI store at Parkgate on Tuesday night.
The incident happened between 5.30pm and 5.45pm when a rear window was smashed on the van which had been left unattended.
On returning to his van, the owner was approached by two women who claimed the man responsible had left the scene in a red Nissan Micra car.

And Someone Nicks A Van To Go With It
A WORKS van worth about £10,000 was stolen from the Lime Grove area of Swinton on Tuesday.
The white Transit van was taken after it was left momentarily unattended with the keys in the vehicle at about 10.20am.
Just over two hours later at 12.45pm, a white Renault Traffic Van, worth about £11,000 was stolen from the Bramley area after the van's keys had been left on a workbench, along with tools.

Issued by the Rotherham Tourist Information Board

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sgtpepperband Warrant issued... Diamond Lil's 11
D Commissioned Warrant Officers History 4
S Why were Skippers RNR equivalent to Warrant Officers? History 13
soleil Pompey News: "New Man Takes Over As Top Warrant Officer" Bases / Shore Est 13
D So, farewell, Warrant Officer Twos ... The Fleet 214
C Wondering if I could be a Warrant Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
whitemouse Command warrant officer The Quarterdeck 18
chieftiff will a train warrant cover this? Diamond Lil's 0
Z MoD travel warrant... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
Lynx101 Travel Warrant Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
K Travel warrant entitlement Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
L Officer Pattern Dress for Warrant Officers The Fleet 23
exploding_blancmange Warrant Officers!!!!!!!! Diamond Lil's 2
A So few ships- so many warrant officers The Gash Barge 21
C Are Royal Navy Warrant Officers rates? The Fleet 60
L Pre 1950s Warrant Officers History 25
C Royal Navy Warrant Officers The Fleet 73
R RNR Warrant Officers Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 6
MoD_RSS Provisional conclusions issued in CMA funerals market investigation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Hot weather warning issued for parts of the country MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Hot weather warning issued to people shielding and more vulnerable groups MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Six general licences re-issued for the control of wild birds MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Direction issued to the Chief Regulator of Ofqual MoD News 0
MoD_RSS VMD Export Certificates being issued electronically MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sellafield permit changes issued MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Crime news: contract schedules to be issued MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Cold weather alert issued by PHE MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than 100,00 civil money claims issued online MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ranitidine – MHRA drug alerts issued as Perrigo recalls prescription only and over-the-counter products MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ranitidine – MHRA drug alert issued for Teva UK recall MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Zantac – MHRA drug alert issued as GlaxoSmithKline recalls all unexpired stock MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The independent reviewer of Prevent, Lord Carlile, has issued a call for evidence MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Precautionary Evacuation Notice issued for West Norfolk MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New physical activity guidelines issued by UK Chief Medical Officers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Police caution issued 18 February 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Police caution issued 29 November 2018 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Medical Device Alert issued for urogynaecological mesh manufactured by C.R. Bard MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Cold weather health warnings issued by PHE MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Updated Information Statement on Food Allergy issued by IFST MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: ESFA funded adult education budget 2019 to 2020 illustrative allocations issued MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Cold weather health warnings issued by PHE MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Regulatory alert issued to charitable think tanks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New media guidance issued to all court staff MoD News 0
klgreload Issued Kit Joining the Royal Navy 13
Mr_Gillette Which running shoes are issued at HMS Raleigh? Joining the Royal Navy 47
Hooly what campaign medals are currently being issued to Royal Navy serving members? Miscellaneous 8
soleil DE&S+ Or A GOCO? White Paper Issued The Fleet 8
janner Government issued travel warning due to the cold weather. Miscellaneous 4
sgtpepperband New ID Cards to be issued... The Gash Barge 9
J issued kit Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 48