Warnings on drinks

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by lsadirty, May 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I see the "health Gestapo" is going to introduce labels on drinks to tell us how bad it is for us. What a load of old cobblers ! Like most old matelots, I know when I've had too much to drink - it's when I have to use both hands to hang on to the deck !
  2. I don't see why they shouldn't since they have been putting them on ciggies for years. Itg won't make any difference except perhaps to avoid getting sued in years to come. :eek:ccasion5:

3. What is the problem after a few who wants to read whats on the bottle anyway and it helps when buying in the supermarket what is stronger.
  4. exactly ... and to be fair most people probably couldn't read what is on the bottle after a few.

5. "WARNING,Drinking of this will result in dancing like your Father!"

that sort of warning???
  6. Very true andy, but then I am getting as old as my father was when I first started to worry about that problem.

PS: When you gonna change your bleedin' avatar as it's giving me the creeps.
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Sorry SF, I think it displays the intellect of our medical department admirably. Don't listen Andy!
  8. well,sorry the Perennial Rhinitis pic is giving you the heebie jeebies.I shall look for another suitable one.

"WARNING!Ugly women will look beautiful if consumed,you have been warned!"
  9. Yeah right. Knowing you mate - it will be even more hideous that that one. Medics!! Paah!!!

10. I have added a Temporary Avatar,hope its to your liking.
  11. Some poxy NHS managment bod probably thought that one up to justify his/her existence, reminds me of these "diversity advisors" that local councils seem to employ.

12. So we now have health warnings on fags and booze. When will we see nice big warnings of obesity appearing on junk food?

Semper Strenuissima.
  13. Well its the start! this was the way it started on tobbacco and now look whats happening! its being banned! so whats after alcohol! soon the only legal way to survive the rat race will be to join it (but I dont fancy shooting lines of white powder up my nose!!)
  14. :toilet: Warning Eating more than one chip butty a day could be harmful to some part of your body! :tp:
  15. G'day Safewalrus.

I think that these warnings are just as some-one said to help in future Payout claims.

They have even started on the obesity things as well down under.

What I'd like to know is how come we are all alive at this point in time having come through the lower deck in the Andrew/or the Ward Room too.

Having eaten the things that we had no choice about eating, [well take it or leave it], also why there are so many apperantly healthy guys who smoke at least the 600 cheap fags per months that were allowed, plus whatever coupons you could scrounge of oppos like me who didn't smoke, who drank till there was only enough left between you for a tiddly oggie before going back aboard, who fornicated in every undesirable, out of bounds area, in the whore world [sic.] we ll not me or yo I'm sure B/E, who half of their lives didn't get a proper nights sleep, Fcuuk me I could go on forever, about things they are now saying we shouldn't do, but were encouraged to do when it suited the MOD for example, extra tot of rum before you went over the top, free fags to keep your hands steady so that you didn'y waste toooooooo many bullets.

Fcuks me, they took our TOT, when men who drink it ever day lived to be a hundred or more and are still lying in the ground preserved for future archaeologist to dig up and wonder why we didn't disintegrate like the others??

What a life it's going to be in UK in a hundred years. ?????

Thank fcuk I'll be lying preserved in my ain wee bit o'durt' back in Bonnie Scotland wae ma auld oppos amongst the stink comin frae awe those sober minority who dinae lie preserved like we "G:|" rate matelots are lying.

Presidentae: of the stop "labeling anything else movement"

16. It used to be easy; red wine was 11percent and white 9.
    Now some wines are up around the 14 percent mark which makes them serious stuff, these things need more than a health warning, more like an exclusion zone.
  17. [quote="andym

"WARNING!Ugly women will look beautiful if consumed,you have been warned!"[/quote]

just add - but since you will be impotent it won't matter either way !
  18. just add - but since you will be impotent it won't matter either way ![/quote]

and not just women either o_O
  19. I see the Irish have warnings on the BOTTOM of their bottles....it says.."open other end"...!!
  20. Sounds like a good idea to me, will the supemarkets follw it up with a units per pound label on the shelf so that I can see just how much alcohol I am getting for my money.