Warning as nuke subs come back

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by PartTimePongo, Mar 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.thisisdorset.net/display.var.1268426.0.warning_as_nuke_subs_come_back.php
  2. That’s all standard stuff. There are (or were at least) several berths around the UK where a nuclear powered vessel could dock, all with similar emergency plans.
  3. Heard a lad at Cally talking about that. Nuclear stuff shits me up.

Now, the real issue is this: How should you pronounce the word 'nuclear'? I say it should be pronounced nuclear :)
  4. Why?
  5. Dunno. Being born at the end of the cold war? :) I think because nuclear warfare isn't something that many people know anything about. Interesting though!
  6. Nuclear.

The old town boasts chlorine gas plant. Dirty smelly animal rendering plant. Sewage incinerator! Another four chemical yards not forgetting the chemical tanker road fleet that cleaned with wrong chemicals and gassed the local brickyard workers. All these have a warning siren tested on certain days of the week once a month.

The chlorine gas plant was refused a permit but the knobheads in the house of snores overruled and gave the go ahead. Easily done if you are not living there is it not!!!
  7. The word Nuclear scares lots of people. People associate it with nuclear weapons and reactor accidents. In truth radiation is all around us, it’s only dangerous if you’re exposed to large amounts of it. The paint used in old wristwatch luminous dials was radioactive; people wore these for years without being bothered by it.
  8. Oh yeah, i know, don't get me wrong! It's just got this odd, creepy, interesting feel about the word. I don't fear it or anything, just kind of makes me think! If i worked on a boat i think i'd be really interested.

Powerful though, used in certain ways.
  9. It's got to be pronounced "nucular". After all, George Dubyah couldn't possibly be wrong, could he?

Used to fish off the jetty at Coulport. You should have seen the size of the mackerel we caught, although we didn't eat the ones with two heads.
  10. I agree and also insist that the letter 'dubyah' is introduced to our alphabet.
  11. Nuclear is to do with nuclides pronounced nu [new] cl [as in clip] ides [as in sides] making nu [new] cle [as in clip] ar [are]. :neutral:
  12. Are you going to tell George Dubyah he's wrong then?

Cor! You'll be saying "Boo!" to the Joss next!
  13. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  14. Dubyah can't be wrong, he's one of the greatest minds of this century. Who else knows that exports come from abroad?

15. And that the French have no word for "entrepeneur".
  16. Snapdragon
    I might be stupid here but imports come from abroad
  17. Fucken hell!!!

Maybe i could turn this around by saying i'm likening my fucked up quote to his ;)