* basic ship's husbandary i.e. maintaining the ship, be it painting, de-rusting, sweeping, washing, greasing, mopping, waxing (such a fun experience when you have a tiny clothe and the deck is very long).
* Daily Socs (system checks), basically, this is mainly done at sea or when your ship is on some type of exercise, you will learn more about this once in.
* When at sea, you will be responsible to keep watches in the ops room or comms centre, depending on your trade, this is also kept in the 4 basic watches as mentioned below, every 4hrs you will change shifts on a daily basis, when at sea
* Basic sea watches, your ship's company will be split into 4 watches port 1st, port 2nd, starboard 1st, starboard 2nd. You will rotate each day on a different watch when at sea, again you will leqrn more about this when attending your basic training.
* When on duty watch, along side, you will be part of the ships rapid response team (RF/DF) and/or your ships fire fighting team. Also, alongside this you will be duty Bosuns mate aka you sit on the gang way for 6 - 8 hours of your watch, this is shared between you and another rating.
* When at sea, you will be deligated to a part of ship, front (FX), quaterdeck (AX) or top part of ship. This will be your part of ship you and our shippers will be responsible to keep tidy and clean, also the part of ship you will hold when coming into and leaving port.
* Also, one more point, when at sea, you will carry on your duty watch, IF you are elected as part of your fire party's sea watch (to pu tit in easy terms). You will be responsible to attend fire exercises on a daily basis, man your Breathing AP's and your sections. Usually, with this, you get the loving job of dish hand i.e. you clean plates, cups, cutlery and the dining hall on a regular basis.