Warfare officers now need a degree but i have already applied??

charley_

Hi guys,
I have applied for the Royal Navy as a warfare officer and have my initial interview on friday. Whilst researching for the interview, I found that a requirement for warfare officer is that you must have a degree, which was not previously the case. I contacted recruitment and they said this had been updated today. I am finishing my last year of sixth form so was applying as a DE, so obviously I do not have a degree. Does anyone have an idea or thoughts as to what this means or whether I will still be able to carry on my application as it was submitted before the change in requirements?

Thank you very much for any insights.

fishhead

War Hero
Hi guys,
I have applied for the Royal Navy as a warfare officer and have my initial interview on friday. Whilst researching for the interview, I found that a requirement for warfare officer is that you must have a degree, which was not previously the case. I contacted recruitment and they said this had been updated today. I am finishing my last year of sixth form so was applying as a DE, so obviously I do not have a degree. Does anyone have an idea or thoughts as to what this means or whether I will still be able to carry on my application as it was submitted before the change in requirements?

Thank you very much for any insights.
As this is very recent development(if your source of information is correct) it is unlikely anyone here can clear up the confusion. Your interview is 48 hours away and will be the ideal time to raise your concerns. Proceed as though nothing has happened and introduce the subject at the stage of the interview when you're asked if you have any questions.
Best of luck for the future.

Chris P

War Hero
What fishhead says, you were granted an interview prior to the recent development so go for it, but be respectful and follow his advice. Good luck.

This is interesting, and not in accordance to every other bit of information we have published internally.

I suspect that if you keep an eye on the website, it might change. In the meantime, ask your AFCO to double check the educational requirements: I think it’s 96 UCAS points…

I’d continue forward and not necessarily trust what the website says. Try and get hold of the Officer Careers Liaison Officer who will be the most up to date.

charley_

Hey there,
I’m in the same position with my Aircrew Officer Pilot application. Still trying to get through to my AFCO to see if I cqn continue with my application. What did your recruiter say when you called to ask? Best of luck!
I called my recruiter and he told me that ignore anything misleading on the website and you still don’t need a degree - panic over!
Good luck with your application

Latest Threads