Warfare Officer

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
attachment.php

2cool

Lantern Swinger
"1020 - Arrive to launch the seaboat and find that apart from a few IST Junior Officers, you are the only **** who has turned up. "

Excellent use of **** here by 2dash!

FireMonkey

Lantern Swinger
"1020 - Arrive to launch the seaboat and find that apart from a few IST Junior Officers, you are the only **** who has turned up. "

Excellent use of **** here by 2dash!

Mate, 2DD is a literary genius, I would expect nothing less from such a wordsmith!

soleil

War Hero
I've just started my application. I've been to a careers presentation and have asked to receive the application pack and am now deliberating over the "officer application questionnaire".

NewNewbie

You should become conversant with the requirements of the RT, which is the gateway to the recruitment process. Each job has an RT score requirement; Rating entry jobs have a required total score plus specified part scores (for certain sections which relate to the aptitudes needed for the job, such as, say, mechanical comprehension for Engineering Technician jobs); Officer entry jobs have four specified part scores (ie a minimum score required for each of the sections of the test). The bar is set pretty high, so do as much prep as you can before you take the RT. More info here:

http://www.navy-net.co.uk/joining-u...cruiting-test-psychometric-test-examples.html

Once you have passed the RT with the score you need, you will be able to look at your fitness for the fitness test and start preparing for the Sift and your AIB. At that stage, start getting Navy News from W H Smith each month, to help you prepare.

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
"Surely not? Nobody buys their own; they just have a reach around the back of the pipework and use what they find..." Them were the days!! Not found any gentleman's literature onboard for years now!

N

NewNewbie

NewNewbie

You should become conversant with the requirements of the RT, which is the gateway to the recruitment process. Each job has an RT score requirement; Rating entry jobs have a required total score plus specified part scores (for certain sections which relate to the aptitudes needed for the job, such as, say, mechanical comprehension for Engineering Technician jobs); Officer entry jobs have four specified part scores (ie a minimum score required for each of the sections of the test). The bar is set pretty high, so do as much prep as you can before you take the RT. More info here:

http://www.navy-net.co.uk/joining-u...cruiting-test-psychometric-test-examples.html

Once you have passed the RT with the score you need, you will be able to look at your fitness for the fitness test and start preparing for the Sift and your AIB. At that stage, start getting Navy News from W H Smith each month, to help you prepare.

I have been preparing for the RT for a while and I've completed many psychometric tests for various job applications. My fitness isn't a problem and am confident that I'll pass. It's the AIB which bothers me, I've seen the very long thread about the AIB and have picked up a few tips from that - thanks for the Navy News tips - I just have various questions about the navy.

Regarding the exercise facilities; what I meant was, is there time for exercise during the day? ATG and 2DD don't mention doing any kind of exercise during their routine, is that because there purely isn't enough time? I'm a keen sports person and think it very important to stay physically fit, and it also helps get rid of stress (no jokes about fapping, please) and balances the status quo.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
'Tis all DVD's and iPads and what have you these days Tidlly, kids of today know nuffink..why, I remember when I was on the Massive.............

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I know wrecks, but the joy of finding a non-stuck together mag was like bumping into an old friend down the pub, happy days. It's all too easy nowadays.

Latest Threads