Warfare Officer Training.

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Scylla, Sep 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know this has been posted a few times but this one has a twist.

What training will I have to undertake after Britannia Royal Naval College (BRNC), Initial Fleet Time (IFT) and Initial Warfare Officer (Foundation) [IWO(f)] course ?

The twist - can you guys explain the acronyms, where you do the training and maybe a little summary of each course? Please ^_~

Also - If anyone knows what NMT100 stands for, that would be a great help. NMT100 is a a 1 week segment of the Militarisation phase of officer training. I'm thinking something like Naval Militarisation Training... But I'd rather not guess.
  2. No, use the search function. Failing that use a google search of this site. I must of written it out 2 or 3 times, along with everyone else here. Stop being lazy - a 'twist' doesn't mean you're not lazy.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Fixed that for you... :wink:
  4. **** me - a crusher correcting my grammar. Next you'll be telling me they were all guilty as well.....
  5. Not being able to use the search function should be an instant bar to entry.
  6. Links to where the acronyms are EXPLAINED, not just listed, please.

Also nobody has answered the NMT100 query.
  7. The acronyms are used to shorten an otherwise lengthy phrase or sentence.

Hope this helps.

You chod.
  8. Define : To state the precise meaning of (a word or sense of a word, for example).
    Explain:to make (something) comprehensible, esp by giving a clear and detailed account of the relevant structure, operation, surrounding circumstances, etc.

"Links to where the acronyms are EXPLAINED, not just listed, please."

ohh, yeah looks like i said explain, not define, it's even in CAPS SO YOU DON'T MISS IT.
  9. I found a metric fuckton of info on it all using the search bar and saved it as a word document for reference. If I can do it, you can.
  10. I presume you are preparing for AIB - if that is the case it will please you to know you have absolutely no requirement to know beyond knowing the letters IWOF, IFT and BRNC and whatnot. Being able to tell the Board what happens on the 4th Tuesday of the 2nd term of IWOF doesn't mean you pass.

Passing your AIB is about coolness under pressure, the ability to take in new information quickly and understand it, the presence of mind to change course when it's all going wrong and knowing when to hold your nerve. I can teach you the principles of the radian rule or which radar does what (or what happens on the 4th Tuesday of the 2nd term of IWOF), but your in-built character is what we need.

So, in summary, if you find out from somewhere what they all mean, great but passing your AIB is not contingent upon it.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  11. As I said , LINKS or it didn't happen.

Not very good at reading are you...

What training will I have to undertake after Britannia Royal Naval College (BRNC), Initial Fleet Time (IFT) and Initial Warfare Officer (Foundation) [IWO(f)] course ?

The important words there being "After...Initial Fleet Time"

So not actually IFT, but after....as in occurring later on.

I can see why everyone actually in the RN have said they stay away from this site.

Full of know-it-all's who actually don't know much about anything useful.
  12. Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahah.....

<draws breath>

13. Scylla, I was tempted for a moment to send what I saved to you (btw, AtG, a lot of what I saved was written by you, thanks for that one) but, I don't see the point, with your manner and attitude.

14. Thanks for the reply alfred, I was not including you in the generalisation, as I said in the message I sent you before, your previous posts have been helpful.

The reasons I'm asking what the letters mean and what the courses are is because I will be able to remember the information much more easily if it has some background or information backing it up.

For example the current Secretary general of NATO is Anders Fogh Rasmussen. He's a danish politicial and was PM in 2001, he was the leader of the liberal party with a typical mid-left agenda.

I'm not saying everyone has to know it, but knowing it helps me remember.

We all know the 4th tuesday of the 2nd term is a few hours smoking pipes while discussing the previous day's polo game.

final note: Not clicking the silly link deck dash.
  15. Ask me if I care.
  16. Sorry but no one this stupid and persistant with this bad an attitude would have lasted 5 minutes in an AFCO.

17. Scylla..STFU
  18. the Lieutenant was right about this forum... (the majority of the users anyway seem to fit the bill anyway)

Rife with immaturity.

Can anyone tell me how to delete my account?
    had a look in the FAQ and on the profile page.
    Don't wanna keep getting popups.