Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warfare Officer Career Paths - Int?

Roco

Badgeman
I am aware of all the published career paths for the branch but I am also aware that there are a number of other paths which open up once in. I don't know how much it is possible to say on this forum but I was wondering what the opportunities are for officers to go down the intelligence route? For various reasons I see this as a career I would like to pursue both in service and beyond but it appears to be a small branch dominated (moreso than others) by ratings with the officers mostly coming up from the SUY route.

Thanks

P.S. I have been scouring Navy News for cryptic job adverts but to no avail
 
There are opportunities, ships intelligence officer is an OOW job, maybe your 2nd or 3rd job - you can express your interest at that stage but any significant role will probably come after PWO course.

There may be other routes but this is as far as I know the most common.
 

Drakey

War Hero
Roco said:
I am aware of all the published career paths for the branch but I am also aware that there are a number of other paths which open up once in. I don't know how much it is possible to say on this forum but I was wondering what the opportunities are for officers to go down the intelligence route? For various reasons I see this as a career I would like to pursue both in service and beyond but it appears to be a small branch dominated (moreso than others) by ratings with the officers mostly coming up from the SUY route.

Thanks

P.S. I have been scouring Navy News for cryptic job adverts but to no avail

Don't let them get above their station
 

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer
chris78290 said:
There are opportunities, ships intelligence officer is an OOW job, maybe your 2nd or 3rd job - you can express your interest at that stage but any significant role will probably come after PWO course.

There may be other routes but this is as far as I know the most common.

At the moment a paper describing a Maritime Intelligence branch is with the Navy Board for approval a decision is expected before Christmas. All the signs are positive for the creation of a new Warfare specialisation.
 
wave_dodger said:
chris78290 said:
There are opportunities, ships intelligence officer is an OOW job, maybe your 2nd or 3rd job - you can express your interest at that stage but any significant role will probably come after PWO course.

There may be other routes but this is as far as I know the most common.

At the moment a paper describing a Maritime Intelligence branch is with the Navy Board for approval a decision is expected before Christmas. All the signs are positive for the creation of a new Warfare specialisation.

Would this be intended to create a direct entry route or a warfare sub specialisation in the same way mine warfare is for example?
 

Roco

Badgeman
wave_dodger said:
chris78290 said:
There are opportunities, ships intelligence officer is an OOW job, maybe your 2nd or 3rd job - you can express your interest at that stage but any significant role will probably come after PWO course.

There may be other routes but this is as far as I know the most common.

At the moment a paper describing a Maritime Intelligence branch is with the Navy Board for approval a decision is expected before Christmas. All the signs are positive for the creation of a new Warfare specialisation.

Good news!
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Warfare Officer Training Pipeline & career progression Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
E Warfare Officer- Career Opportunities. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
E Warfare Officer at 25 and career progress. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
M General Service Warfare Officer Career Path Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
H WARFARE OFFICER - career progression after completing training Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
C Warfare Officer Surface to Sub Joining the Royal Navy 2
R What is the average day of a Warfare Officer (submarines) whilst on patrol? Submariners 3
T Waiting Time Warfare Officer Joining the Royal Navy 3
N Joining as a Warfare Officer submarine v surface Joining the Royal Navy 4
S Employment Opportunities and Qualifications for Warfare Intelligence Officer? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
C Warfare Intelligence Officer Joining the Royal Navy 2
K Qualifications required to become a Warfare Officer, i.e UCAS Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
D Warfare Officer AIB Feb 2020 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
R Joining as a Warfare Officer at 31 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
9 Warfare Officer Specialisms Joining the Royal Navy 1
A Warfare officer Vs Cadet deck officer RFA Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
D Up to date Warfare Officer Training Pipeline Joining the Royal Navy 5
B Warfare Officer to Pilot UPO/Careers Office 37
A DGE Warfare Officer 2019 Application: My journey. Joining the Royal Navy 12
D Warfare Officer/ 6th form scholarship application Joining the Royal Navy 2
I Eyesight requirements - Warfare Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
A Reapplying Warfare Officer Joining the Royal Navy 1
M Warfare specialist to officer. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
VilliersBucks Warfare Officer Application 2018 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
P warfare officer? Joining the Royal Navy 16
W Questions on Intelligence Officer - Warfare Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
Keithdwat579 Can you become a pilot as a Warfare Officer? Joining the Royal Navy 13
Keithdwat579 Warfare Officer Psychometric Pass Mark Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
RAM28 Warfare Officer pilot Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
RAM28 Warfare Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
T Warfare Officer BRNC intake numbers (May-Jan 17) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
L Information on being a Warfare Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 38
H Warfare Officer Training Pipeline (SM) Submariners 1
P Commonwealth citizen looking to join as a Warfare Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
alfred_the_great New Warfare Officer pipeline Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
D Warfare Officer - Training Pipeline Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
M Joining as a Warfare Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
E Warfare Officer (submariner), post-BRNC training pipeline Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
R Warfare Officer(surface fleet)/Royal Marines Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
S Potential Warfare Officer - Advice and Questions Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 27
J Warfare Officer - advice needed about my eligibility Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
B Warfare officer training Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
B Warfare officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
B Daily Life of A Warfare Officer? The Gash Barge 2
N Warfare Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 70
L Warfare officer ( submariner) pipeline Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
5 Warfare officer subordinates - branches, jobs. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
M Warfare Officer Application Questions Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
G Warfare Officer Submariner Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
L Applying For Warfare Officer (Submariner) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
Similar threads


















































Latest Threads

New Posts

Top