War Pension Question

Discussion in 'Finance & Pensions' started by WhatsTheStory, Aug 5, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys,

I'm new here and I'm hoping one of you might be able to help me out.

In the last couple of days I received a form from war pensions (form WPA0133), and I'm a little nervous about it. I'm only 30% disabled and I've had a war pension for over 20 years, with no issue. I don't get any extra allowances, meaning I get around 200 pounds a month (or there abouts) from the war pensions agency.

Here's the form they sent me http://www.veterans-uk.info/wpa0133.pdf

Is this a standard form?

Is it likely that I've done something wrong and that's why they are sending it to me?

I'm pooing my trousers worrying that I've broken some kind of law I'm unaware of, and I'm scared to fill out the form. Anxiety is something I've been dealing with since leaving the forces, and it's not something I've bothered to claim for, but getting this letter has really scared the crap out of me.

I got married years ago, but I didn't see/know that this would affect the pension as I'm only getting the basic amount. I didn't tell them (war pensions) about it because I didn't think it was a big deal or that it would change anything.

Should I talk to a solicitor before filling out this form?

They've stopped my pension, and I'm not that bothered about the money, the scary part is that I might have broken some weird antiquated law that I was unaware of.

Cheers for your help,
  2. Evening,
    Looks like what some call {jokingly) a "proof of life" letter! Standard thing, you are not in trouble, they SVPA have a duty of care to you, but need to know if A. Your circumstances have improved (bad as in less money) or B. Deteriorated (good as in more money, but for not your health).

Hope that helps you see it in a better light.

Cheers Ten.
  3. Oh man, thanks for getting back to me on that.

I was freaking out here wondering if I'd done something wrong and they were trying to get me to admit to something without realising, although I couldn't figure out why being married (which is the only thing I haven't told them) would affect the amount paid as I don't get any extra allowances.

It's really nice of you to put my mind at ease, I appreciate you taking the time.

4. Pretty standard.
    I have received 2 since I 'retired' in 2000.
    I tried to be as non committal as possible.
    Nothings changed so no need to rock the boat.
    Just fill it in and send it back.
    just noticed, they stopped tour pension? You must have ignored the original letter plus the two follow up warnings.
    Give them a call, they won't bite. Please claim what your entitle to, either that or they will give it to. A deserving Eastern European.
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
    • Like Like x 1