War of the Roses - Which Side

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by mikh, Mar 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Richard Duke of York

2. Henry VI

0 vote(s)
  1. OK Shakey strated it with his Rounhead or Cavalier thread so he we go.

The War of the Roses, Which side would you have been on.

The House of Lancaster under Mad King Henry of the House of York under Richard Duke of York.
  2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

We need a neither vote here. :roll:
  3. Not wishing to be pedantic (OK yes I do!) technically the Wars of the Roses did not start with Richard III, it was his brother Edward IV. It was Edward's sons - the little princes - that Richard was alleged to have killed in the tower. Richard only became king on Edward's death.

Edward did lead his army into battle not least at Towton and Barnet.

And another rather (I think) interesting point, Richard III was the last English king to die in battle at Bosworth in 1485.
  4. I meant Richard Duke of York who was well, Richard III and Edward IV father Rosy. He was one of the original protagonists, he was killed at the battle of wakefield along with his son Edmund
  5. Yes indeed you are right Mikh, how incovenient that they should have the same name! But of course the WOTR lasted from 1455 between Richard (Edward IV/Richard III dad) and Henry VI right the way through to the Battle of Stoke in 1485 between Henry VII and the remnants of the Yorkist loyalists - Richard III having died at Bosworth - and him having no heir as his son had died.
  6. PS if anyone calls me a WOTR spotter there will be trouble!
  7. PPS I am not a member of the Richard III society!
  8. Northern Toss Pots a Curse on both their Houses. Any civilized Southern Gentleman of the time would have done.

Now we are stuck with Frothy (shite) Beer, Ferrets, Clogs, Dark Satanic Mills, Gracie Fields, Manchester, Brass Bands and the M62.

9. I'd vote for Baldrick, because he has cunning plans.
  10. Once a Lancastrian............
    don't listen to all these nay-sayers :)
    God's own county don'tcha know?
  12. Rosie you WOTR spotter, are you a member of the Dick the 3rd society!!!!!
  13. Hope you dont include Newcastle in your Northern Toss Pots Club "Nutty" , have to go with the White Rose of Yorkshire on this one , but only because It's on the East side of the country , I like anywhere UP NORTH , :wink:
  14. ooooo that is libel!

15. Sorry for being a arsehole but whats a WOTR , :???: :???:
  16. Safegaurd?
  17. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

War of the Roses
  18. A bite, surely!
  19. Wars of the Roses!
  20. As someone who was born in North London but lucky enough to escape whilst still in nappies to be brought up in the East Midlands, I am glad to say I am neither a Southern shandy drinking bastard nor a Northern monkey. So, not being a Lanc or a Tyke I don't give a monkey's about the WOTR, although I understand they are still being fought even now.