WAR IN IRAQ - THE REAL FACE OF WAR

Do you want this link removed?

  • MAYBE

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    199
Deeps said:
Yep ive just kicked up a fuss as to why it has been binned on ARRSE . It
has really pissed me off that it has been binned . If you dont like the
video then dont click on the link , register with YOU TUBE , then find
the correct video , then watch all 16 mins of it . Get my drift . The video itself is not entirely true , as the old bodies at the end are Iraqis from
the Time of Saddam .Also the bit where the yanks are on a Balcony are
actually watching an F-16 drop a 500LB bomb on a house full of insurgents
in Fallujah and the yanks were a little too close ,(they all survived with just
a few cuts) .
The video shows what complete loons and coward s we are dealing with over there .
Thanks Deeps for that info. It makes it no less horrific. No matter which side they are on they are human beings and those last images were especially harrowing for me as I realised how they died and that it will have not have been a speedy death! At least the guy who was shot died relativly quickly - though that does not in any way excuse the barbarity of what was done to him.

It's a pity those who commit these crimes have not fully read the Koran. Had they done so they would know that they could not justify their actions by reference to their supposed beliefs. Having said that it comes as no surprise to me - some Christians are no different - religious texts are a means to power over other people. Choose the bits that serve your agendum and completely ignore those which are inconvenient to your cause, most notably the numerous references to the ultimate sin and evil: of hypocrisy. Religion is like any other ideology: Marxism, Fascism, Monetarism, etc, except that it claims special divine status. All ideologies are to do with imposing ones own values upon others by whatever means and seeking to justify one's actions by reference to some higher good or purpose.

Interestingly I have been reading an excellent book which oddly enough appears to enumerate this but in much better prose. It is a classic work by Thomas SZASZ, The Manufacture of Madness: A Comparative Study of the Inquisition and the Mental Health Movement ,this edition was published by Routledge & Kegan Paul, 1971. Don't let the title deceive you. It's as relevant today as when it was written and encompasses more than its title suggests. Think laterally when reading it!

Steve.
 

Welbexian_RN

Badgeman
This is the real stuff, the public need to see this and get behind the armed forces in full support, and the government need to WATCH this and think twice before the next defence cuts and next attack on an oil rich country!
 

GSSR_Vvd

Lantern Swinger
This sort of thing should be shown on the news and in the papers as they were quick to show our and american personel when they were in the wrong. How come the British public do not get to see this. If they did then there would be very few people who would say that this war is wrong.

The person who posted this said that he does not think he is promoting the muslim cause, well i think he needs his head checked. He says that we are racist for being in that country doing what we are doing. Why is it that muslims can not be racist? after all, it could be argued that the actions of the extreamists in that video are inciting more and more violence.

The moment with the pilot made me feel physically sick, it sent hatred through my nerves. I'm sat here in my nice flat and that is how i feel. No wander this war looks like it will never end!!!
 

RNMA

MIA
This video was absolutely horrific. Brings home exactly what is going on over there. I don't understand why we are never seeing any of this on the news. Why must the media in this country choose not to show or report things like this, only to show on every news channel and front page of every newspaper the video of the apparent "beating up of iraqi teenagers by british soilders". Thats all you would hear or read for a week after that. Massive investigations etc into that incident, yet b$%tards like these muslims carrying out acts of violence like those show on this video are brushed over and no detail ever giving. I can only say this video and seeing that does nothing more than pure hatred into my viens. Hatred against muslins and there so called "holy war". It makes we want to scrap being an MA (SM) and join the RM or the army so i can go out there and actually do something useful about it. Kill everyone of those b&^tards and help them along to get it on with their virgins in paradise. Maybe for once we should just be the cruel invaders that they make us out to be, and treat them the way they treat us. Any dying muslim terrorist we come across, cover him in pigs blood or force him to swallow bacon just for the satisfation of knowing his dying thoughts are that he will not get to see his "paradise". And yet these fantatics are allowing to march through british cities with "death to all infidels" on there posters and the government does nothing. I thought inciting racial hatred was a crime, yet they can get away with it? What are they actually waiting on before proper action is taken. A dirty or nuclear bomb going off in the UK? And don't think i am a pure rasist or hate all muslims, for i do not. I know that most muslims are peacefull. But i also know that we are seemingly doing nothing to stop this growing trend of radical islam and i can only see it getting far far far worst before it ever starts to get better.

I Apologise , rant over.
 

andym

War Hero
RNMA,i empathise with you shippers.It just makes me want to beat the crap out of any Muslim i happen to meet,just in case.A bit like a pre-emptive strike.After seeing that video i felt so useless and angry that i can really do bugger all about them.No wonder the BNP membership is swelling!
 

RNMA

MIA
I agree with you there. I also assume that due to northern irelands terrorism that our version of the BNP is swelling, i.e ian paisley, ;-) :lol:

But that joke aside. It is absolutey sickening, and i understand about the BNP thing. My only worry is that history can so easily repeat itself. And times when a country needs a strong leader when the government isn't doing as it should, the public usually goes for the must hardline they can find to get the job done. prime example, germany after the great depression, and look who they voted for :roll:

(probably a bad example, but you can see where i'm going)
 
RNMA said:
...Hatred against muslins and there so called "holy war". It makes we want to scrap being an MA (SM) and join the RM or the army so i can go out there and actually do something useful about it. Kill everyone of those b&^tards and help them along to get it on with their virgins in paradise. Maybe for once we should just be the cruel invaders that they make us out to be, and treat them the way they treat us. Any dying muslim terrorist we come across, cover him in pigs blood or force him to swallow bacon just for the satisfation of knowing his dying thoughts are that he will not get to see his "paradise". And yet these fantatics are allowing to march through british cities with "death to all infidels" on there posters and the government does nothing. I thought inciting racial hatred was a crime, yet they can get away with it? What are they actually waiting on before proper action is taken. A dirty or nuclear bomb going off in the UK? And don't think i am a pure rasist or hate all muslims, for i do not. I know that most muslims are peacefull. But i also know that we are seemingly doing nothing to stop this growing trend of radical islam and i can only see it getting far far far worst before it ever starts to get better.

I Apologise , rant over.
RNMA, I can understand your anger at this film, an anger I share too, but it is important not to conflate the fanatical actions of a minority with the peaceful conduct of the law abiding Muslim majority in this country. The British media give publicity to those advocating Islamic radicalism and sadly the British State itself seems too willing to appease more fundamentalist, conservative religious extermists of all theological persuasions, which exacerbates the situation. One should avoid however labelling all British Muslims as profoundly criminally minded as these people. We should not be seeking to harm or insult the moderate majority, contact with whom the British Establishment seem to reject! To attribute blame and harm all (for example British) Muslims would only inflame the situation and play into the hands of predominanetely Saudi backed, Wahabi, Sunni extremists.

I too feel the desire to do something other that sit behind my desk in a reference library. However, realistically, I am insufficiently able-bodied enough to be of any practical use. It would be nice if those of us no longer in some form of military service could help in some practical way - but what precisely?

Perhaps Deeps can offer some suggestions here? He's in the thick of it, after all.

Steve.
 

Deeps

War Hero
Always a civvy , you could just spread the word about what you have
on that link . Its not all muslims , far from it , however i think the vast
majority of them although saying how wrong these crimes to humanity
are , they are not active in sorting out there own communitiies . You
all say the Bulgarian pilot being shot in cold blood is terrible , believe me
that was positively civil compared to some of the inhuman things they
done on camera .Not just to westerners but to fellow Muslims . Perhaps
in the forces we are slightly inmune to these horrific scenes , we see them
or the aftermaths at least often , however it doesnt stop us thinking of
how cruel SOME of these people are .
 
Well I emailed the link to ITN, hopefully that will do summat, failing that might try some of the newspapers.

stab
 
Deeps said:
Always a civvy , you could just spread the word about what you have
on that link . Its not all muslims , far from it , however i think the vast
majority of them although saying how wrong these crimes to humanity
are , they are not active in sorting out there own communitiies . You
all say the Bulgarian pilot being shot in cold blood is terrible , believe me
that was positively civil compared to some of the inhuman things they
done on camera .Not just to westerners but to fellow Muslims . Perhaps
in the forces we are slightly inmune to these horrific scenes , we see them
or the aftermaths at least often , however it doesnt stop us thinking of
how cruel SOME of these people are .
It is certainly not all Muslims, and in reality many communities are actually quite active in both countering the bile of the extremists, and mobilising the as yet uncorrupted youth of their areas. You can find stories about this but you have to dig deap, far deaper than most of us bother.

In many ways they may well be doing more than both Christian churches did in N.I.

One of the main problems is that for reasons best known to themselves our press seems to have no interest in publishing such stories. Could it be that community harmony does not figure in their business plan as it will cut down their opportunities to present yet another horror story to sell their biased rubbish.

If the war in Iraq was all about oil, perhaps the war at home is all about eselling papers.

Peter
 

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
Maxi_77 said:
One of the main problems is that for reasons best known to themselves our press seems to have no interest in publishing such stories. Could it be that community harmony does not figure in their business plan as it will cut down their opportunities to present yet another horror story to sell their biased rubbish.
The phrase used in many areas of the media is "Bad news sells" and sadly its true - in the immediate aftermath of Sept 11 2001, the news outlets were breaking records in terms of both ratings and takings.
 
FlagWagger said:
Maxi_77 said:
One of the main problems is that for reasons best known to themselves our press seems to have no interest in publishing such stories. Could it be that community harmony does not figure in their business plan as it will cut down their opportunities to present yet another horror story to sell their biased rubbish.
The phrase used in many areas of the media is "Bad news sells" and sadly its true - in the immediate aftermath of Sept 11 2001, the news outlets were breaking records in terms of both ratings and takings.
I think the reality is more that 'big news sells', but with their limited ability the average newspaper editor finds it easy to make 'big news' out of 'bad news'.

Peter
 
stabradop said:
Well I emailed the link to ITN, hopefully that will do summat, failing that might try some of the newspapers.

stab
Stab, the media know about this stuff, they just won't show it! That's the problem. Paradoxically they're quite happy to show images of Iraqi's being abused by British and US service personnel. :x
 

andym

War Hero
The problem will be that the images will be far too "graphic" to screen.Also there maybe issues regarding the possibility of relatives of those poor blokes.it just goes to show how far the PC Brigade has buggered up out country.
 

jewishscotsman

Midshipman
Forget SARIN, i would prefer if we just bombed the bastards and kept on bombing them till the glow in the dark and walk backwards.

Bastards are what they are the whole fucking lot of them, nothing but the shit on our shoes,

We should all have a shoot to kill policy over there, an fuck what the politicians say, whats better a few dead ragheads or a few dead squaddies?
 

Clouseau

Banned
imom1406 said:
My worry is that it'll do for Iraq and Afghanistan, what the TV reporting did to Vietnam. i.e. mobilise public opinion against the troops and the war. <SNIP>
...And just look at Vietnam now! A thriving stable Nation State that is benefiting hugely from western investment. Perhaps the US should have withdrawn it's support for the inadequate and ineffective South Vietnam government ealier.

:)
 

imom1406

War Hero
Clouseau said:
imom1406 said:
My worry is that it'll do for Iraq and Afghanistan, what the TV reporting did to Vietnam. i.e. mobilise public opinion against the troops and the war. <SNIP>
...And just look at Vietnam now! A thriving stable Nation State that is benefiting hugely from western investment. Perhaps the US should have withdrawn it's support for the inadequate and ineffective South Vietnam government ealier.

:)
War on Terror......Halting Communist Expansion.....They sound jolly similar...If only the terrorists stayed in one place like the Viet Kong did in Vietnam.

There is another risk here, which is, what if the US decide...."you know what, we're pissed off being criticised and attacked all the time....so bollox to the UN and the outside world." and the return to their pre-1917 position of inward looking.

What would the world be like if they didn't act as the worlds police force...this is a serious question. Yes you can criticise them, but here is no doubt that their global activities benefit (on the whole) the world.
 

Similar threads


Latest Threads

Top