Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

War begins on the Home Front

rosinacarley said:
Sorry ... in the event of any confusion - they are morons for arriving in an army land rover and in rig, not for wanting somewhere to live of course!

It is a reality though that any where there is a military camp you will find servicemen in uniform on the streets, entering houses shops and all sorts of normal places. There were lenty of times I drove around quite legitimately in a service vehicle, and it could well be there was good reason even in these PC days for them to do so.

Peter

Quite frankly every time I hear the word Muslim in the news my blood begins to boil even before Ive heard the reason...!!

How is it "they" as a minority seem to spend and take up a large majority of the time in the news at the moment but are very forward to complain they do not get listened to and are not reflected in a positive light.!!

If I werent so politically correct my answer is simple to them is

"If you wish to be viewed in a positive light....Why dont you as a community try doing something positive within and outside of your community for the benefit of others within and outside of your community so that you are not viewed by elements of the media as a subversive, ignorant and self gratifying group of parasites that are abhorrent to freedom of speech, freedom of the individual and democracy, things that a large number of people in this country have sacrificed and continue to sacrifice their lives for...!

Then maybe people may be prepared to listen to you and your concerns...!!

There does seem to be a presumption here that The Sun are not telling fibs AGAIN. They have a habit of doing that to the Forces after all, don't they?

I suggest that we need to be open-minded and cool-headed about this incident. It may have nothing what-so-ever to do with Muslims, who I suspect are being scapegoated. It is in fact possible that misguided members of the BNP or other members of the community have done this in order to forment unrest. Clearly whoever is responsible has suceeded in doing so. Mind you some of here might remember the days when journalists used to pay local children £5 to to a bit of vandalism so it could be photographed to make up a story. I wouldn't put it past the media to do the same sort of thing again.

Personally I don't think local Muslims are responsible. Agant Provoceteurs - definately.

AAC

And if they are responsible..!!

I have read articles in other press and the local police are treating the matter as a racially aggravated incident at the moment

On the basis that Asians (who I assume have a muslim element although not to be taken for granted) and to be balanced white people where involved in rioting i.e. stone throwing, arson etc etc etc.....Muslims as well as any other element of the community are clearly quite capable of commiting a crime such as this.....as rioting which in parts is nothing more than an extreme form of vandalism....why immediately denegrate the press and blame elements of other fanatical groups rather than face the reality that they may have been responsible....Remain open minded...what like they do about the history, ethical and moral and religious diversities outside of their own communities...give me a break!

rosinacarley said:
Sorry ... in the event of any confusion - they are morons for arriving in an army land rover

Inappropriate use of military equipment - maybe.

rosinacarley said:
and in rig,

Wearing their rig ashore? In Windsor! What the ff is wrong with that? 8O If you can't wear your uniform in the town wear your Royal Sovreign lives for a vast part of her time, where can you wear it?

If wearing your rig makes you vulnerable to extremist elements such as muslim fanatics etc...what does wearing a burka in a largely non muslim society make you vulnerable to...??????

Are they any more foolish than each other....or are they as equally foolish!

However which is more unacceptable someone being targeted because they are in rig or someone being targeted because of other religious garments...which do your think would cause the greater outcry in our current PC mad state!!

Tut tut boys, you have very short memories.

Hands up those who were issued with the torch thing on the end of a long stick with a mirror to check under their car? Would considered changing their route to work regularly? Who would not have worn rig anywhere because you might just as well have put a sign over your house saying 'IRA, I live here, please bomb me and my family'

Perhaps someone who served in Moscow Camp or in Northern Ireland generally would like to comment.

Either you have forgotten the security lectures we used to get in the 80s, or you are suffering from selective memory syndrome, which I believe is a bloke thing.

You can wear your rig wherever you like, you can be a target for these extremists, you can risk your families safety. All I am saying is that I for one will not.

Fair points however...I too remember the torch on a stick but they were a result of proven direct action and intelligence gained about the IRA against members of the armed forces!

I have not as of yet heard anything in the latest security lecture to change the stance on the wearing of rig in the UK..although vigilance is always the best policy..

As far as selective memory being a bloke thing you may be right but Im sure we picked it up from women in the first instance....I dont mean to be faecetious but as a security conscious person what do you think about posting photos on Rum Ration of people in rig..good or bad idea!! :twisted: :twisted:

WarMonger said:
Fair points however...I too remember the torch on a stick but they were a result of proven direct action and intelligence gained about the IRA against members of the armed forces!

I have not as of yet heard anything in the latest security lecture to change the stance on the wearing of rig in the UK..although vigilance is always the best policy..

As far as selective memory being a bloke thing you may be right but Im sure we picked it up from women in the first instance....I dont mean to be faecetious but as a security conscious person what do you think about posting photos on Rum Ration of people in rig..good or bad idea!! :twisted: :twisted:
Piss on all of 'em, the paddy's didn't stop me wearing my rig and neither will these holes.
I just posted a pic of me on my gallery in defiance, well 90% defiance. I would suggest that these pongo's might be fictional, can you imagine 4 matelots in rig in a land rover having stones thrown at them by a group of tossers and not getting out and giving them a good spanking? Nah, didn't think so.

"...Tony Blair today pledges the Army in Afghanistan can have ANYTHING it needs to hammer the Taliban."

This is the part of the article that makes me laugh.
Does anybody actually believe anything that comes out of the PM's mouth these days? He doesn't exactly have a good track record now, does he?

I bet Gordon Brown can believe it either...I bet he's well pissed off there'll be no money in the pot for tax cuts by the time he gets to number 10!!

Latest Threads