Wanting to rejoin

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Finney1986, Jan 23, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

Just after some advice/inside knowledge of the current situation regarding people wanting to rejoin. I left in 2012 after 7 years. I was a LCH at the time. After a year and a bit in civvy street i have come to realise hat the grass isnt always greener.
    Ive been in touch with the careers office and they told me to come in. But i would like some feedback off some people who have rejoined recently on how the process went for them on regards to going back into the service.

Cheers guys

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As long as you left of your own accord, were recommended further service, had decent SJARs and accept you'll rejoin & go top of the sea roster, there's seldom an issue re-joining.

Re-entries normally join the first Tues or Weds of the month at HMS Raleigh - Wear a suit, shirt & tie or you'll be sent home. We've gone posh. You'll then get kitted out, respirator checks, APWT. Conduct any refresher training (Sea Survival included) then 'orf to sea.

It generally takes 6-8 weeks to get your former service records after you rock-up with your discharge docs & pay statements. After that, another 4 week-ish for Approval to Process. Next: Interview, Medical, PJFT, Security Clearance, Entry.

Good luck, get practicing making those cheesy-hammy-eggies.
  3. Cheers mate, this helps alot. So it could take a while before im back in then. Fair enough, shouldnt of bloody left in the first place!
    If anyone else has any more advice it will be much appreciated

Ive missed the cheesy wham bams!

Cheers all,
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yes, don't bloody leave in the first place. ;P
  5. Best of luck. I have a lot of respect for chefs. I hope the grass is as green as you remember it!
  6. Finney, what is it that's making you want to rejoin, if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  7. It was something to do with his lawn but he lost me after that point.
    • Like Like x 1