WANTED: Sparkers badge

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by RNFLUNKY, Feb 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If you join a certain website - navy related - there are a load to choose from. Try romft.co.uk

2. You gonna become a walt ??

3. Sparker - RO(T) I don't think so!!!!!!!!!! you dont actually know what you want do you..you either want a Sparkers badge or RO(G) certainly not RO(T)!!!!!!!!:slow:

4. Cool ya jets storms!! 'G' then.

5. Cheers shippers

6. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

That'll be the "G" for 'gob-sh!te' as opposed to the "T" for 'tactical sun-bronzed god of the bridge and signal deck' :)

7. I always thought the 'T' was for 'Tosser' as in 'Bunting Tosser'!!!!!!!!!

8. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

The "pipe and slipper wearing" resident of the MCO has a fair point :) .... with the transfer of T to Seaman Spec and the rechristening of G to CIS, does this inter-comms world "needle" still exist?

9. I guess not, sad really!

10. OTE=FlagWagger;1012960]That'll be the "G" for 'gob-sh!te' as opposed to the "T" for 'tactical sun-bronzed god of the bridge and signal deck' :)[/QUOTE]

Your only jealous 'cause of the lack of opportunity to swig ormig juice

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  11. Your only jealous 'cause of the lack of opportunity to swig ormig juice[/QUOTE]

That's a blast from the past, only saw it on my frist ship (Fearless in 84), didn't it fill the 'gestetner' (sp), I also remember filling my Zippo with it! burn't with an orange flame.

12. I suppose it always will with us source branch ratings.

Still lucky enough to have crossed flags on my No1's, as now in the careers service and no one appears to know what if anything I should wear.

But I'm still flying the flags proudly

Once a tosser, always a tosser (Of bunting)!!!!!

SM

13. Of course it still does, so sod off up to the bridge with your highlighter, best crayons and the Skippers signal board Buntz and remember the bridge brightwork! :tongue5: :fish:

Also, before you go, make sure you wet the RS a cuppa and get some biscuits from the NAAFI.

14. Also always a good idea to make sure that the CRS is tucked in with his smoking jacket on and that the duty JRO knows how to deal with his incontinence pants.

15. Had the crossed flags to start with, then in '63 they made me wear that flying ball of sh1t with the lightning. It always used to pi$$ me off when going ashore in rig, some stoker would call me 'sparks'. It was so good when as CY I got my identity back.
    I understand our lords and masters realised the error of their ways and brought back the crossed flags for all rates in the late 70's

BTW ... ormig, with a splash of orange juice.... so I was told. :winkrazz:

16. :clap::clap::laughing3::clap::clap:

17. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Would that be "RS" as in "Rarely Seen" or "RS" as in "Rarely Sober"? FOHighlighters +

18. That's a blast from the past, only saw it on my frist ship (Fearless in 84), didn't it fill the 'gestetner' (sp), I also remember filling my Zippo with it! burn't with an orange flame.[/QUOTE]

Well it was fine in very small amounts and mixed with orange juice....some said it sent you daft, but then everyone I worked with was a nutter to begin with!

19. Come on Buntz, you can do better than that surely?

The only reason we had Buntings was because you all failed the morse exam, were better with crayons than us Sparkers and you were also very good at tidying up the signals in the vetros!

Sparkers communicate, Buntings dist.