'Wanted' photos 'may breach rights

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by slim, Jan 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If they published pictures of these [email protected] maybe they would walk into a Police Station to complain :D

2. Maybe now Osama's lawyers will complain!

3. They will wait untill some other poor sod gets killed.

4. What a load of B*****ck's, this country has gone mad, what about the rights of the familys and friends of the person they murdered :evil:

5. Agreed RB

In tell you, its about time we started taking note of the way our American Cousins deal with these people.

Not sure where I seen the article (might have been on RR) but basically, some bloke murdered a sheriffs deputy after he was pulled over on a routine traffic stop.
    The sheriff issued a statement saying that he was a wanted man and they were hunting him down. An eye for an eye and all that!!

Anyway, they caught up with him and shot something like 120 rounds at him, hitting him 75 times.
    When the local news turned up and asked why they shot 120 rounds, the sheriff answered "well after that we ran outa ammo!!"

Now thats taking care of the bad guys in style!!

Spenny

6. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Now that I like, might want to send his guys to the range though 62.5% hit rate is pretty poor for armed coppers :lol:

7. Definitely mate - Im sure I read that he was a static target when the opened fire too.

8. Interesting - the only possible reason I can think of is due to the propensity of the dimmer end of the population to take action themselves and start victimising innocent lookalikes - like the ref. to the champagne party too ...

9. Think with some crimes they should bring back a Pierpoint approach, Fair justice , then hang them if convicted, of child crimes, sexual/rape, murder etc.

10. You do have a point Rivet, with some of the dimmer end of society !

11. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Enough of the outraged population are stupid/blinkered enough to do just that. Remember the paediatricians being mistaken for paedophiles by the great uneducated but angry?

The Police are not to blame for the Human Rights Act. They justt have to abide by it.

Clichés abound in these sort of threads. Political correctness and this country went mad a long time ago. We don't need to be reminded in every second reply.

12. The worrying thing about these retards is that they are allowed to vote!

13. We really are stupid in this country.

Next it will be against your human rights to be accused of a crime.

14. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

I don't think it's stupidity, it's often ignorance or fear. I have a lot of friends in the Prison Service they see it all the time, Prison Governors giving in to prisoner demands because of either a lack of guidance by the Home Office, a lack of understanding as to exactly what the HRA means or just a fear of being sued by some trumped up little lawyer trying to make a name for him or herself. I suspect the Chief Constable of Derbyshire fits into one of these categories, I also doubt the Chief Constable of Manchester released these pictures without covering his own ass first and talking to the Home Office, it is a sad state of affairs

15. As I've said before and I'll no doubt have to say again - this has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Human Rights Act 1988 - it's a case of the police CHOOSING to INTERPRET the Act in a perverse way. The wording of the Act itself (incorporating as it does, the European Convention of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms 1950 into domestic law) is crystal clear - in the prevention of crime or protecting the public you can override personal privacy, etc. I suggest that what is really going on here is a concerted effort by some police officers to undermine the Act in order that a future Government will repeal it and allow the police to abuse their powers as some of them did so in the past! Those who deliberately misinterpret the Act and try to excuse their inaction by blaming the HRA should be sacked and prosecuted for trying to pervert justice. They are deliberately putting the public's safety at risk in pursuit of their own political agenda. We have seen this kind of thing before of course with other legislation. I can give examples if you wish. :x :x :x