Wanted - one ship door (photo)

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by Good_CO, Mar 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Warning, despite the perhaps intriguing title this is a really dull post.

I am quite pleased with the new front page ( http://www.rumration.co.uk/index.htm ) as a means of instantly getting people to choose RN / RM and I think it's got a little bit of humour and is more or less attractive. However.... the door is crap. I have to face it.

Does anyone have a photo of a ship's door, from the outside, facing roughly straight on?

Told you it was dull.
  2. Even as a WAFU, I know that ships haven't got doors! Hatches man!!!
  3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I think he wants a photo lads.............
  4. I knew that was coming - I went off straight after that post thinking "hatches? gangways? portholes? starboard holes? locker lids? " - all winnders an' doors to me
  5. wet_blobby

Good CO ask them where the pointy bit of the ship is....they love that one :twisted:
  6. You've never heard the pipe, "Close all upper deck screen doors, scuttles and hatches," then? Not to mention Shakin' Stevens singing "Screen door, what's that secret you're keeping?" in 1981.

[Edited to add that I ought to be faster on the door, sorry, draw.]
  7. Should read 'all screen doors and hatches'.

Sorry no 'Door' picture but have one of the wife leaving the sea in Mombassa ( same font size).
  8. Opposite end to the blunt bit, between the left bit and the right bit, above the cellar but below the roof? That point bit?
  9. wet_blobby

yep, you got it, just down the stairs and along the corridor.
  10. I was assuming the the Good CO wanted the door thingys with the clips or winding thingamybobs you find when you go down the stairs, not up on the beach and above. :lol:
  11. Com one guys, he's a wafoo - probably hasn't been to sea yet.... ??
    :lol: :lol:

(And this ain't far from being true, I served in one ship where there was a Airman who was continually whining about having beeen posted to a ship as a CPO - he'd been in 13 years and it was his first sea draft ! )
  12. Thats why I joined the FAA! :lol: :razz:

Sadly, I have spent SOME time at sea. Not as much as the buffer on Ocean, who had spent 30+ years at sea. Imagine the LSA??
  13. I couldn't find a door but I've PM'd you regarding a photo of a 'ship's hatch' I've uploaded to the military/general album in the ARRSE galleries. It is appropriately dull.
  14. Is that next to the kitchen, or the bedroom? :shock:
  15. Also referred to as 'Square Ports'
  16. Is there no-one on board alongside at the moment who can take a photo on their mobile and download it?
  17. Like this?

18. FFS andy!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
  19. I'll have two please! Could I have them with 11 less door handles Andy, or I'll get all confused? :shock: :shock: :shock: :grin:
  20. Thems not 'andles,thems Clips(so i am reliably informed!)