wanted: more TV stuff (Warship and Cutting edge)

Discussion in 'History' started by busterbroon, Sep 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. so far Rum ration has helped me get Nozzers and Brilliant, but failed to get me the cutting edge 2 part episode on regulators

so i'm going to ask for that programme again as well as all 4 seasons of Warship

if you can help me, please post here

happy to meet all costs for the programmes and/or make a donation to charity

thanks

2. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

I assume that you are looking for the Leander class HMS Hero incarnation rather than the more recent flat-top one. If you have any success at finding this, I too would be interested.

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

BB: You already asked this a couple of months ago, and I advised you on how to obtain a copy of the "Cutting Edge" documentary:

"Rum Ration: Post subject: more help required - tv programme related"

Not everything is for free - if you are determined to get a copy then you may have to pay for it! The producers are entitled to charge you for the reproduction of the DVD of a programme that is not commercially available.

As for "Warship" (1973) it seems you and plenty of others have had no luck with obtaining a copy of this programme. I cannot find any internet information about buying this programme, other than it was made by the BBC. However there is no record of it being for sale on their website.

Keep us posted with any progress, if any... :thumright:

4. suppose its a fair point

but as i told you in private message i would have had to commission it and they were looking for £50 a dvd

which is just crazy