Wanted: CWC divers watch

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by dogs_bollox, Jan 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone got one of these they want to sell for beer tokens ? Preferably the divers and not the squeaky boat version, preferably dated and automatic but not defo' on that.

2. Cheers lads.
    Silvermans I've been aware of for donkey's years. Used to buy kit from them back in the day. German para boots etc rather than the issue boots, ankle DMS. Was hoping to pay a LITTLE less or to have issue stamps would be nice.

Mario, I hear different things about MWC. Some saying that they aren't up to much or that it depends a lot on which model you get. Ideally I'd like something that is on issue rather than a reasonable facsimile of the genuine article.

There's no hurry, my 28 year old GMT I will do but I'd like the Divers as my sport watch to give the Rolly a rest on occassion !

3. No-one got one for sale ? :?

But people tell me that ain't that great. Could this be misinformation / psyops ? :wink:

4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I got a milsub, rolex submariners. Verified by rolex as genuine issue circa 1976 if you've got the money.
  5. Blobs, Swappers for a 1999 G-shock, just needs emptied of sand and a new battery.
  6. wet_blobby

Dont get an offer like that every day, how much more for the sand?
  7. If I'd known you were open to offers I'd have shown you my Timex Action Man Commando watch (Circa 1968) and thrown in a reach around for free.
  8. wet_blobby

The offers just keep getting better.... :lol:
  9. Hi Harry,
    Thanks for the heads-up. Price is o.k. but it would be nice if I could get one that was issued. I may end up going to Silvermans or OTS to get one if an issue one doesn't come up soon.