Want to join, but worried about a prescription and passing medical?

I'm really interested in joining the Royal Navy, however I understand depression is a big deal. My situation is a bit weird and dates back to last year. Long story short, I had news of several family members sick within months of each other, needless to say this was quite a lot of mental strain on me. I've always been happy, but woke up one day and felt so down I went to my GP as advised by a friend. Now I can't recall exactly what they said, but they wrote a prescription for Setraline and asked me to check back in a couple weeks. Over the next day or so I told myself to man up and chucked the box without ever taking one, returned to my GP and told them I hadn't taken any of them, I felt better and would ring the numbers they provided if necessary. No further issues since then.

If I got to medicals I understand this would most definitely appear on my records. I am just wondering if anyone has a bit more information as to whether the simple fact I have even been prescribed them in the first place would warrant a fail? I have a feeling it would regardless as what I have read is at least 2 years must have elapsed? Just looking for advise to determine whether to withdraw my application and I'm not looking for the answer I want to hear, just the brutal truth. Thanks and Dayum I feel silly haha.

Sumo

War Hero
Contact your local recruiter, no medical experts on this site, all medical issues are for the RN Mod doctors to make the final decision.

Latest Threads