want to go submariner

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by submarinerwitits, Sep 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. yes! I am a female and want to go submariner. Any tips or advice
  2. sex change
  3. Why do you want to serve on boats ?
  4. Emigrate to Australia.
  5. Long, hard and full of seawomen. Dosn't sound right.
  6. Are you already a serving member of HM forces. :?: If so try and blag a short trip on one.(I have no idea if this is possible) Then decide if you still want to do it.IMO it is only a matter of time before the forst woman goes to sea on a boat as a fully fledged member of the crew.
  7. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

And if we had a MOD this could be locked!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody email the CO's and ask to be a MOD in here, Janner.

NATO standard answer (NSA).
  8. Nah dont lock this its a good subject. I would be interested to know if you are serving in the RN what does your DO think about this request, and have you applied for manning clearance?
  9. Yes I am serving in the RN. I have full support from my DO and work mates of varying ranks and they're submariners. Manning have been informed of my request. Still waiting for a couple of things to get done.
  10. bump
  11. What sort of things?

BR8748 Ch4 clearly states : "All men are eligible...."

Doesn't say anything about women.
  12. because there's a shortage of manpower and I'd be willing to do the job, plus if I am trained as a submariner I can work wherever the navy require me to general service or on the subs.
  14. I'm sorry I don't have a BR to hand at the moment, but I will look and my DO has looked at BR's and other documents to see if there is anything and not found anything substantial to really stop me.
  15. Thanks NorwayChris. Yes you were nice. I shall let you know what happens
  16. Please do, 8)
  17. What about kids? The RN will never let you on Boats (not subs me girl) if there is a chance you could get with child far to many chances for a law suite.
  18. Well I'm not young I've had children and don't want anymore.
  19. Why should my answer have the thread locked? The RAN has women serving at sea on submarines. We don't, and we won't be any time soon. Joining the RAN after serving in the RN is entirely possible, a very good friend of mine has done it.

I apologise if I misread your post and your not a dick after all.
  20. http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/careers/careers-roles/the-royal-navy-submarine-service/

The RN website clearly states applications for service in submarines are only accepted from men. Check all over the defence intranet. It's not hard to find. Either your talking crap, or your DO is a tool.