Want to buy a blazer

Discussion in 'Social & Reunions' started by once_a_skimmer, Dec 31, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So I recently left the RN and despite only being in my 30s I want to buy a blazer to wear for ANZAC day and Remembrance day. Ive seen people wear all kinds of rig with their medals pinned to it and although its the thought that counts I would like to not look a total pot mess.
    The thing is I'm totally clueless when it comes to clothes, what sort of blazer should I be looking to get?
    I know this is a very bone topic but I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.
  2. Make sure you buy a good quality one with a proper breast pocket. Nothing looks worse than a regimental badge sewn to a cheapo blazer.
  3. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

M&S used to sell a quality one.
  4. If you look online, especially at some of the American Mens' magazines (not the "grot" ones), there are some really good style guides on there.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. But don't disregard 2nd hand. Mine is lush, and was a fiver off E-Bay plus Fiver to Dry Clean. General rule is count the buttons on the sleeve, them more buttons, the better the jacket.

Never mind the Quality, feel the width, my boy....
  6. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

There's no chance of a kiss first with that sort of advice. Brace yourself ...