Wannabees

Waspie

War Hero
What is it lately with the prospective new starters to the mob!!
They come here asking for advice. When it's given they question the responses as if they already know best!!
Is it me or what!!!
I despair!

redmonkey

Lantern Swinger
Book Reviewer
They come here to ask a question they already know the answer to so that when us old gits answer they can argue that it is not fair and we are destroying their future.
What do we know anyway? 50 odd years service between us ?

guns1969

War Hero
What is it lately with the prospective new starters to the mob!!
They come here asking for advice. When it's given they question the responses as if they already know best!!
Is it me or what!!!
I despair!
It makes you wonder what comes out of their arse, cos all the crap comes out of their mouths.

redmonkey

Lantern Swinger
Book Reviewer
Hang on a minute! 50 odd years between us? There are at least a dozen PSOFs, so that equates to only 2 and a bit years each!! :rolleyes:
Sorry. That was just Waspie and myself. The rest of us olds have enough time to go back to the Ark.
(The animal carrier not the aircraft carrier. )

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Some don't make it to forums as Dredd and I can see some in an "approvals" queue.

I think it's kids stuck indoors due to flooding, looking at the water rushing past and thinking "oooh, water, Navy".

Waspie

War Hero
It makes you wonder what comes out of their arse, cos all the crap comes out of their mouths.
I am amazed at their ability to transfer the sh1t to a keyboard.
There parents/guardians must have a hell of a budget for toilet paper!!!

Waspie

War Hero
I have total respect for Soleil who has the patience of a saint who has not risen to their stupidity unlike the likes me who thinks some posters on here should be in padded cells!!

Last edited:

fishhead

War Hero
It is my suspicion that some of the questions have already been asked elsewhere but the posters are searching for a second opinion. The medical ones especially when a malady either now or in the past will see them declared PMU. They hope someone here is going to say something different giving hope where none exists.

Waspie

War Hero
It is my suspicion that some of the questions have already been asked elsewhere but the posters are searching for a second opinion. The medical ones especially when a malady either now or in the past will see them declared PMU. They hope someone here is going to say something different giving hope where none exists.
My theory being if you get enough people to reply, the odds are one will agree with your, (OP's), opinion and that's the one you'll believe!! I mean - they will have to be correct as they agree with the posters views!!!
Simples - (Like them).

Last edited:

redmonkey

Lantern Swinger
Book Reviewer
As if everything on here is believed in the first place.

What we need to do is have a load of disposable sock accounts to tell them what they want and see who they believe. Shame we dont have a link into the AFCO to hear "but made_up_account_name told me it would be ok"

redmonkey

Lantern Swinger
Book Reviewer
Looking at the threads those who are in the same situation are giving advice that the OP wants to hear.

Perhaps I need to stop and not bother.

Looking at the threads those who are in the same situation are giving advice that the OP wants to hear.

Perhaps I need to stop and not bother.
With a serious head on (but not screwed on too tightly...)

@redmonkey - Folk who take time out to 'give advice' might leave themselves open to feelings of indignant rejection whenever that 'free gift' is perceived as unacknowleged, rejected and/or totally ignored.

Especially when, along the way, one may have gained bitter experience which could be of some help to others facing a similar situation yet one that's new to them.

Re your: 'Perhaps I need to stop and not bother.' Your choice of course but try the tack I sometimes take - Do carry on bothering whenever you have something useful to add to the mix but perhaps try to make it a little clearer that you are only 'offering advice' and/or 'making a suggestion'.

All this begs the question 'why bother at all?' Mmmm - One answer is that those of us from Binthere & Dundat sometimes care & have time enough to chip in with our tuppence-worth of irreverent and/or relevant revelations.

BTW - Whilst its no cure for insomnia sometimes it helps to reflect, pass the time & fill up the odd Thread now & again...