Wannabe Submariner

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by robbie1991, Aug 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I went to the AFCO last month and enquired about joining as a submariner. Is the exam hard? I don't have the best exam results but really want to join. Please let me know what its like on board warts and all. Thanks

2. Yea gods and small fish you must be pretty bloody thick to fail that test.
    Whats the opposite of generous
    rich, kind, poor, sad, mean

car is to road as boat is to
    boat,sky, field, shed, runway.

What colour is an orange.

This used to the exam questions for the Regulating branch!!

3. Yea gods and small fish you must be pretty bloody thick to fail that test.
    Whats the opposite of generous
    rich, kind, poor, sad, mean

car is to road as boat is to
    boat,sky, field, shed, runway.

What colour is an orange.

This used to the exam questions for the Regulating branch!!

4. Robbie, you don't join as a Submariner you train to become one. Used to be Part 1 escape tank training, Part 2 your own branch, Part 3 done at sea, on-the-job training and finding about how things work and how not to kill your mates by doing something silly. All this of course assuming you pass the medical and compression chamber (Pot) test first....good luck....

5. But they don't do the SETT anymore!!

6. Thanks to you all for the response, much appreciated. I will get some practise in, my only concern now is the compression test lol!

7. Don't think they bother with it any more...

You enlist in the submarine stream as opposed to GS...takes roughly one year to qualify...

8. robbie,When and if your accepted then dont bother taking any sun protection creams or oils,you wont need them ( sundodgers) :D

9. What, one of these?

[​IMG]

10. NOT TRUE!!!!! :lol:

I have the distinction, nay, honour, of getting sun-burned during Easter weekend on the roof coming up the coast of Chile after Falklands patrol, en route to San Francisco. There was room for 8 at a time to sit round the radar well, and I spent all my off watch time up there! So much so that when we arrived in San Fran, an Elmer Chief said 'Hey how come you're sunburned?'

Keeping up the tradition by living in Spain and frying on a daily basis - 33 degrees on our front terrace today and no rain for weeks :D :D :D