Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walts

fishhead

War Hero
The Scratcher on boats was officially referred to as the Second Coxswain. I filled the post twice,once as a leading Hand on a diesel boat and again on a nuclear attack boat as Petty Officer.

Waspie

War Hero
The Scratcher on boats was officially referred to as the Second Coxswain. I filled the post twice,once as a leading Hand on a diesel boat and again on a nuclear attack boat as Petty Officer.
Now to us house trained ex Wafus, 'scratcher' was our bunk, bed place of rest*.
(* - Delete as required).
Ain't the language of Jack varied!!

Sumo

War Hero
If it's a flying egg whisk the down draft of the rotors give enough noise that even the deaf twats in the sound room can hear!
That's why we had noise makers, to give them a chance to find us?
As soon as the paraffin parrot dipped its sonar, all the noise radiated down the cable.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
If it's a flying egg whisk the down draft of the rotors give enough noise that even the deaf twats in the sound room can hear!
I must admit that I thought the lads in the Sound Room were winding me up when they told me they were tracking a Shackelton - but they were! Paraffin pigeons? Pah! Piece of piss!

Sumo

War Hero
Tut tut come on now. You know we have nice loud things that go bang and spoil your day!!!
It's a Wafu's reason for living - annoying you lot!!!! :p
spoiled Sonar Operators day if they were wearing their headset, apparently kin hurt ears big time.

Waspie

War Hero
spoiled Sonar Operators day if they were wearing their headset, apparently kin hurt ears big time.
I heard, (no pun).
I was told to back off by the Cockex teachers when dropping SUS. I had a system on Wasps that made for very accurate attacks. That meant many of the SUS, which only had a small 1 oz charge, was bouncing down the hull and detonating when in contact!!!
Mind you, we always had your backs too. Whenever a red grenade was launched we homed straight in to assist and it was certainly motivational whenever a smashex was called!!

Alfacharlie

War Hero
This is turning into an ASW thread. It should be renamed ‘Allied Tactical Procedures’.

But, I like it. No sex like a CASEX!

Apparently.