Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walts

Seadog

War Hero
What is it with these twunts who wear their lanyard in the pub when they have finished work ?. :mad:
Cough splutter.....on the odd school night when I go to the pub straight from work, I wear my lanyard (ID card reversed) to animate the one glass of water between 4 Student Grant types, letting them know that I work for 'The Man'. They are hopelessly ill informed about Defence and Security.

The odd engineering undergraduate is easily turned into a 'baby killer' by mention of the graduate starting salaries.

Talking of which and to get back on track, I should mount my Vietnam medals. My Trafalgar Campaign Medal is looking lonesome.

maffism

Badgeman
Oh crumbs and yaroo! (I think that's what Bunter would have yelled.)
Are we going to accuse the Duchess of Cambridge of being a Walter, next?
YES - Some are qualified, some are not.

maffism

Badgeman
And some know what a buffer is.
FAIR ONE, I served on boats and HMS Ocean, and heard of buffers but never found out what one was. I wasn't interested when I was in the RN, but, after reading a few things on here, I'd like to find out. I don't think boats even have buffers, but I could be wrong. Can anybody help?

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
FAIR ONE, I served on boats and HMS Ocean, and heard of buffers but never found out what one was. I wasn't interested when I was in the RN, but, after reading a few things on here, I'd like to find out. I don't think boats even have buffers, but I could be wrong. Can anybody help?
The Scratcher is the closest equivalent to a Buffer.