Walts

Hooly

Lantern Swinger
Stood in a pub last night with a stoker mate of mine and someone was telling us he served in Osnabruck Germany in the army, which I served at, when I started questioning him about locations he went red and walked off. Apparently last week he was telling my stoker mate that he done some nasty tours, total bull why do people Walt can't see the point makes them look rediculas.

Stood in a pub last night with a stoker mate of mine and someone was telling us he served in Osnabruck Germany in the army, which I served at, when I started questioning him about locations he went red and walked off. Apparently last week he was telling my stoker mate that he done some nasty tours, total bull why do people Walt can't see the point makes them look rediculas.
Probably because they have led such uneventful lives that they need to invent a history.
Sad twats

Rover

Lantern Swinger
I don't understand why they talk about 'medals' in a generic sense, but the bill states valour. Surely xalour and campaign medals are not the same.

Valour being the general heading. This to include awards for bravery and campaigns GSM, OSM etc.

Johnson's proposed law has won the backing of ministers. "I fully support this bill," Defence Secretary Michael Fallon says. Medals recognise our forces who risk their lives for our freedom. It's important their service is properly protected”

It makes me mildly curious why they do it. There's your black catter, mild bullshitter, all the way to the guys who buy the stuff of ebay and show up to remembrance day looking like Patton. You'd think with all the ops these days they would get found out by someone who actually went there/was there when these people claim to have been. Yet they still do it.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I guess the issue is personal gain.

Some seem to do it with criminal intent for financial gain, all the way down to those who want to gain respect from their peers.

The range seems to cover career criminals who are fraudsters and those at the other end with mental health issues.

Then of course, there's the Walter Mitty Hunters Club who ironically seem to attract an element of poachers turned gamekeepers of dubious intent. For some, they portray a deeply negative image of service personnel.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
I seem to remember from somewhere that providing you qualify for some of the Jubilee medals but weren't selected to be issued with one you could legitimately buy it yourself and wear it. Anyone else have the same memory or is it just me. I've just had a look at one of the medal sites and they are around £36 a time.

Jan I remember we were told all who attended spit head review would get one. Next thing we are told only a few per ship attending, rest were scattered all over, politicians, civil servants', police, fire brigade, rail etc, I think ours went to a SR and youngest JR, not sure if the WR or old man got one?

Do you think I should take my Dolphins, Armed Forces Vets pin & Poppy pins of my Attack Submarine lanyard at work?
Maybe just wear the official work lanyard to hold my pass, but where would the fun be in that.

Do you think I should take my Dolphins, Armed Forces Vets pin & Poppy pins of my Attack Submarine lanyard at work?
Maybe just wear the official work lanyard to hold my pass, but where would the fun be in that.
What is it with these twunts who wear their lanyard in the pub when they have finished work ?. :mad:

What is it with these twunts who wear their lanyard in the pub when they have finished work ?. :mad:
we recently had a deliberate attack at our security, let's say the attackers' achieved all their aims, 2 of them made fake passes by photographing passes that people were wearing outside work, then buying bits of the internet to make the passes, they then tailgated security doors. We will be retested at a later date.

Jan I remember we were told all who attended spit head review would get one. Next thing we are told only a few per ship attending, rest were scattered all over, politicians, civil servants', police, fire brigade, rail etc, I think ours went to a SR and youngest JR, not sure if the WR or old man got one?
We were in our final term at Fisgard (spit.... before anyone else does!!) and it was said only a few people per ship / establishment would get one. Our divisional DO got one - mind you, he did run the Navy Colts Rugby Union team at the time and that might have swung it.
There was a splice the mainbrace but as a young 17 year old.... :(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Shakey Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
B The Quarterdeck 25
Seadog The Fleet Air Arm 14