Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Walts"

lukep

War Hero
Below is a post from the nuclear testing supposed walt thread over on ARRSE. I thought it was a bit fresh coming from a sh1thouse Crab slagging off the street cred of the gongs in question. Bit of a stroker anyway goe's by the name of Blue Job Liney. Im in agreeance with certain posters that Walt hunting is getting too much, It stinks in some cases of Jealousy and nothing more.

Reply to topic

Re: Quick test can anyone ID any of these Medals?
Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:53 am

Most of them are unofficial and privately bought "walt" medals:

1 ) General Service Cross (Bought for actually turning up to work once)
2 ) ?
3 ) British Nuclear Weapons Tests Medal (Bought for being Nuked in the name of the Queen)
4 ) Eastern Service Medal (Bought for services to ladyboys out far east)
5 ) Cold War Medal (Bought for doing bugger all during the Cold War)
6 ) Maritime Defence Medal (Bought for being bummed in defence of the country)
7 ) ?
8 ) Golden Jubilee Medal (Bought for being kind of alive in 2003)

This looks like some kind of society medal?

2_deck_dash

War Hero
rod-gearing said:
WreckerL said:
rod-gearing said:
2_deck_dash said:
Montigny_La_Palisse said:
2_deck_dash said:
As an ex Harrier pilot who transferred to the SBS

WAAAAALT!!!! I know him!

Now, prepare to be hounded to death by civvies and cadets at the cost of 800000000 man hours who know fcuk all but want to OUT YOU!

You forgot about my time in the Legion, good bunch of blokes, I'll be damned if I can remember my service number though.
:?:
:roll:

I can,it was B0Ll0x362436. Mines the one number above it.
I remember you shagging that camel in Morrocco.

And can I have my swiss army knife back, I really needed that in Beirut

No,I sold it to my mate I was in the Paras with in Borneo back in 1965 when I was 10.

Still got that knife, holds an edge really well, came in handy back in the early 90's when I was attached to the US Rangers out in Somalia. You've all seen Black Hawk Down right? The character played by Spud from Trainspotting was based on me.

lukep said:
Below is a post from the nuclear testing supposed walt thread over on ARRSE. I thought it was a bit fresh coming from a sh1thouse Crab slagging off the street cred of the gongs in question. Bit of a stroker anyway goe's by the name of Blue Job Liney. Im in agreeance with certain posters that Walt hunting is getting too much, It stinks in some cases of Jealousy and nothing more.

Reply to topic

Re: Quick test can anyone ID any of these Medals?
Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:53 am

Most of them are unofficial and privately bought "walt" medals:

1 ) General Service Cross (Bought for actually turning up to work once)
2 ) ?
3 ) British Nuclear Weapons Tests Medal (Bought for being Nuked in the name of the Queen)
4 ) Eastern Service Medal (Bought for services to ladyboys out far east)
5 ) Cold War Medal (Bought for doing bugger all during the Cold War)
6 ) Maritime Defence Medal (Bought for being bummed in defence of the country)
7 ) ?
8 ) Golden Jubilee Medal (Bought for being kind of alive in 2003)

This looks like some kind of society medal?

What an epic fcuking wanker. Let's smash his teeth out. With his own pelvis.

PartTimer

War Hero
NZ_Bootneck said:
PartTimer said:
Plenty of unofficial bling on sale as well which some people seem to go in for - take a look at what must be an extreme example on Arrse. Obviously someone who has served (RN)...

http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=126565.html
If as the badge on his blazer suggests he is a Veteran of the Nuclear Tests carried out in the Pacific in the 50's, perhaps he was a National Serviceman who didn't get any other medals for his service. So he's bought some bling to big himself up, as afar as I'm concerned if he stood on the tiller flat and looked into the flash and mushroom cloud when ordered he can wear them with pride.
People waste so much time trying to out people, "Because he's wearing his Sam Browne belt incorrectly..." (As happened on ARRSE to an ex Para Warrant Officer Falklands Vet and there was as per usual no attempt on the part of the accusers to remove their accusations or apologise.) look at how many threads have been devoted to Shortt, 4!! FFS, move on the guys been outed, reported to the press etc.
When all those who so readily accuse others front up and scan their service docs with photographic evidence and signed affidavits that they are who they claim to be and have done what they claim, it's all just he said, she said on the interweb!

For me his blazer badge, veterans badge and unit tie would have been than enough, rather than wasting all that money on bling.

To be fair to the "Sam Browne" incident, I think suspicions were raised because of the way the uniform was being worn by someone who purportedly should have known better. There were subsequently a couple of what I took as good natured comments about how ill fitting his uniform was once it was confirmed that he was the genuine article. Perhaps a coule of comments were a little pedantic, but still valid.

X.R.D

War Hero
PartTimer said:
NZ_Bootneck said:
PartTimer said:
Plenty of unofficial bling on sale as well which some people seem to go in for - take a look at what must be an extreme example on Arrse. Obviously someone who has served (RN)...

http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=126565.html
If as the badge on his blazer suggests he is a Veteran of the Nuclear Tests carried out in the Pacific in the 50's, perhaps he was a National Serviceman who didn't get any other medals for his service. So he's bought some bling to big himself up, as afar as I'm concerned if he stood on the tiller flat and looked into the flash and mushroom cloud when ordered he can wear them with pride.
People waste so much time trying to out people, "Because he's wearing his Sam Browne belt incorrectly..." (As happened on ARRSE to an ex Para Warrant Officer Falklands Vet and there was as per usual no attempt on the part of the accusers to remove their accusations or apologise.) look at how many threads have been devoted to Shortt, 4!! FFS, move on the guys been outed, reported to the press etc.
When all those who so readily accuse others front up and scan their service docs with photographic evidence and signed affidavits that they are who they claim to be and have done what they claim, it's all just he said, she said on the interweb!

For me his blazer badge, veterans badge and unit tie would have been than enough, rather than wasting all that money on bling.To be fair to the "Sam Browne" incident, I think suspicions were raised because of the way the uniform was being worn by someone who purportedly should have known better. There were subsequently a couple of what I took as good natured comments about how ill fitting his uniform was once it was confirmed that he was the genuine article. Perhaps a coule of comments were a little pedantic, but still valid.

Am i correct in saying that there isn't a dedicated gong for Nuclear test Veterans sanctioned by HMG?? In which case there should be as who knows what health issues these guys have been subjected to over the years. They deserve it!!

Ref the "Sam brown" incident i'm sure he should know better being the rank that his is/was. I have to say that i have never worn a set of Lovats but that doesn't make me a walt its just we never got issued them!!

To finish i think too many people jump to conclusions about people on ARRSE without trying to find out the facts. However i have to say that it's still a good laugh reading some of the other threads particularly about "Them" WTF is that about??? :roll:

PartTimer said:
For me his blazer badge, veterans badge and unit tie would have been than eough, rather than wasting all that money on bling.

To be fair to the "Sam Browne" incident, I think suspicions were raised because of the way the uniform was being worn by someone who purportedly should have known better. There were subsequently a couple of what I took as good natured comments about how ill fitting his uniform was once it was confirmed that he was the genuine article. Perhaps a coule of comments were a little pedantic, but still valid.

He's been nuked, he can wear what the fcuk he likes, he's not wearing a VC or anything is he?

And as for the Sam Browne incident, have a word with yourself. Why are people even looking to out everyone, even if they have made a slight dress cockup? I've been know to drive home from Brize in Deserts but not wearing headgear or a rank slide, therefore with my rig being wrong that equates to me being a walt does it?

I re-iterate my point. WHO CARES?

X.R.D

War Hero
PartTimer said:
For me his blazer badge, veterans badge and unit tie would have been than eough, rather than wasting all that money on bling.

He's been nuked, he can wear what the fcuk he likes, he's not wearing a VC or anything is he?

And as for the Sam Browne incident, have a word with yourself. Why are people even looking to out everyone, even if they have made a slight dress cockup? I've been know to drive home from Brize in Deserts but not wearing headgear or a rank slide, therefore with my rig being wrong that equates to me being a walt does it?

I've been known to cross-dress once or twice!!! :D

2_deck_dash

War Hero
PartTimer said:

WALT!

I bet you play airsoft as well!

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
PartTimer said:
Someone being a scranbag doesn't make them a walt, the target turned out to be a better man than the interweb heroes but yet again the photos and comments aren't removed and it turns out it was all a bit of fun.
No actually it was libel.
Lucky I suppose that an ARRSEr actually knew the guy, piped up and stopped the witchhunt.

2_deck_dash said:
PartTimer said:

WALT!

I bet you play airsoft as well!

We at Ultimate-Bravo-two-Iranian_embassy-mega-sniper-one-GSG-Armouries-Wankfest-soft don't make war, we play war. As part of the 2nd Btn Ghost Recon Airborne Special needs Regiment, I am one of few skilled enough to be badged Massively Overweight Nightstalking Group, or M.O.N.G.

Nowt wrong with airsoft, it stops the cnuts licking windows and wanking to McNabb books in the library.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
All the medals the Nuke Test geezer was wearing can be bought here

http://www.awardmedals.com/

I know of a submariner who's bought 2 (submariners & cold war) for about £30 a pop and wears them under his official medals on remembrance parades. My Dad bought 4 'cos he was national service. The company make them for events no comemerative medal was ever struck for. They're easy to spot as they don't have the Queens head on them. If you look through the catalogue there are a few on RR that could end up looking like an and old school Soviet general. I wouldn't buy them myself 'cos I'm a tight fisted twonk, if Queenie didn't issue it I wouldn't wear it.

2_deck_dash said:
rod-gearing said:
WreckerL said:
rod-gearing said:
2_deck_dash said:
2_deck_dash said:
As an ex Harrier pilot who transferred to the SBS

WAAAAALT!!!! I know him!

Now, prepare to be hounded to death by civvies and cadets at the cost of 800000000 man hours who know fcuk all but want to OUT YOU!

You forgot about my time in the Legion, good bunch of blokes, I'll be damned if I can remember my service number though.
:?:
:roll:

I can,it was B0Ll0x362436. Mines the one number above it.
I remember you shagging that camel in Morrocco.

And can I have my swiss army knife back, I really needed that in Beirut

No,I sold it to my mate I was in the Paras with in Borneo back in 1965 when I was 10.

Still got that knife, holds an edge really well, came in handy back in the early 90's when I was attached to the US Rangers out in Somalia. You've all seen Black Hawk Down right? The character played by Spud from Trainspotting was based on me.

I remember it well,George Clooney was playing me.

PartTimer

War Hero
PartTimer said:

I just find it odd that people think they have to wear that kind of unofficial bling when, as I said, the tie and blazer badge would convey the same message. In any case, I would not classify that gentleman as a Walt, though I would question why he would chose to purchase and wear so much commemorative paraphernalia. Certainly seems to have attracted the attention of the press, and would probably be described in the media as a 'highly decorated veteran'. It's sad that those who are able to afford such trinkets are able to attract more attention.

Ref the Sam Browne incident, as I read it someone raised a query (given the guy was in whatever the Army call No 1s) and it was answered. As it appears that so many people do try and fake prior service and are caught out by incorrectly worn uniform I would say it was a valid question. I do agree an apology would have been in order. Personally I find the Walt threads highly entertaining.

I would thoroughly recommend you have a read of 'Stolen Valor' (note US spelling) - this book really opened my eyes to the issue of 'fake' veterans.

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
The strange ones I can't understand are those who really have worn the uniform but then exaggerate what they did. You go where you're sent and if that's coral sand and gently waving palm trees aren't you lucky? Other people (not me) get a green rub and have to be brave but there's really no choice in it. And NOBODY of any rank knows what's really inside them until it's called out by external circumstances.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Down here on the Costas, there are one helluva a lot of retired 22 Reg people! In fact there should be enough to create a 23 Reg should it ever be required!!

Funnily enough I have yet to meet anyone that used to operate out of Poole.........

And it is always THEM that offer the information when they find out I was a Submariner!! Muppets :x

Rumrat

War Hero
SONAR-BENDER said:
Down here on the Costas, there are one helluva a lot of retired 22 Reg people! In fact there should be enough to create a 23 Reg should it ever be required!!

Funnily enough I have yet to meet anyone that used to operate out of Poole.........

And it is always THEM that offer the information when they find out I was a Submariner!! Muppets :x
Er I am going to break this to you gently, there is a 23 reg mate, google it.

Maybe they are trying for 24 or 25. :D :D

I am in the special air service, I'm on light duties delivering Oxygen (special air) to home patients with emphysema.
They seem to think its special. 8O 8)

Taloolah

Banned
Rumrat said:
SONAR-BENDER said:

Er I am going to break this to you gently, there is a 23 reg mate, google it.

Maybe they are trying for 24 or 25. :D :D

I am in the special air service, I'm on light duties delivering Oxygen (special air) to home patients with emphysema.
They seem to think its special.
8O 8)

PMSL :lol: