"Walts"

#42
Montigny_La_Palisse said:
2_deck_dash said:
As an ex Harrier pilot who transferred to the SBS
WAAAAALT!!!! I know him!

Now, prepare to be hounded to death by civvies and cadets at the cost of 800000000 man hours who know fcuk all but want to OUT YOU!
You forgot about my time in the Legion, good bunch of blokes, I'll be damned if I can remember my service number though.
:?:
:roll:
 
#43
2_deck_dash said:
Montigny_La_Palisse said:
2_deck_dash said:
As an ex Harrier pilot who transferred to the SBS
WAAAAALT!!!! I know him!

Now, prepare to be hounded to death by civvies and cadets at the cost of 800000000 man hours who know fcuk all but want to OUT YOU!
You forgot about my time in the Legion, good bunch of blokes, I'll be damned if I can remember my service number though.
:?:
:roll:
I can,it was B0Ll0x362436. Mines the one number above it.
I remember you shagging that camel in Morrocco.
 
#44
rod-gearing said:
2_deck_dash said:
Montigny_La_Palisse said:
2_deck_dash said:
As an ex Harrier pilot who transferred to the SBS
WAAAAALT!!!! I know him!

Now, prepare to be hounded to death by civvies and cadets at the cost of 800000000 man hours who know fcuk all but want to OUT YOU!
You forgot about my time in the Legion, good bunch of blokes, I'll be damned if I can remember my service number though.
:?:
:roll:
I can,it was B0Ll0x362436. Mines the one number above it.
I remember you shagging that camel in Morrocco.
And can I have my swiss army knife back, I really needed that in Beirut
 
#46
Rumrat said:
PartTimer said:
Walts should be outed - end of. Civvies do believe what they say and they form their opinions about the armed forces on the kind of shit that they spout (attrocities, killings etc). Any kind of problems at home or work are put down to PTSD as a result of their 'service'. They were medals they are not entitled to. They dishonour the people who really have walked the walk.

Read the book "Stolen Valor" and you'll see how walts have created a completely misleading impression of Vietname veterans.

Never lied on my CV - never had to. Tailoring a CV is fine, but that merely involves emphasising some jobs over others.
How can you wear medals your not entitled to? when they have your name and number on them, unless you change your name as well.
And renamed medals are easy to spot, as when they are erased the very fine lip comes off with the naming. Not sure about OSM never looked closely at one, but it is true of the GSM/CSM.
I deal in militaria, so have seen a lot of erased silver medals as it was done so as to pawn. :oops:
I have even come across medals with a bar "Aden" instead of South Arabia, and the tawt was wearing it collecting for the British Legion in Morrison's. I got banned from there for weeks, but that's another dit. :D
You know what to look for - many don't, especially civilians (and well done on catching someone out, and doing something about it!). The Walt threads on Arrse seem to indicate there are plenty of people out there wearing medals they've purchased on eBay or 'replacements' they've purchased from plenty of firms that produce copies. If you're on a remembrance parade etc you're not going to inspect a guys medals to see if they're engraved or not - unless something makes you suspicious and even I'm not sure I'd have the brass balls to take a look myself!!

Plenty of unofficial bling on sale as well which some people seem to go in for - take a look at what must be an extreme example on Arrse. Obviously someone who has served (RN)...

http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=126565.html
 
#47
Rumrat said:
PartTimer said:
Walts should be outed - end of. Civvies do believe what they say and they form their opinions about the armed forces on the kind of shit that they spout (attrocities, killings etc). Any kind of problems at home or work are put down to PTSD as a result of their 'service'. They were medals they are not entitled to. They dishonour the people who really have walked the walk.

Read the book "Stolen Valor" and you'll see how walts have created a completely misleading impression of Vietname veterans.

Never lied on my CV - never had to. Tailoring a CV is fine, but that merely involves emphasising some jobs over others.
How can you wear medals your not entitled to? when they have your name and number on them, unless you change your name as well.
And renamed medals are easy to spot, as when they are erased the very fine lip comes off with the naming. Not sure about OSM never looked closely at one, but it is true of the GSM/CSM.
I deal in militaria, so have seen a lot of erased silver medals as it was done so as to pawn. :oops:
I have even come across medals with a bar "Aden" instead of South Arabia, and the tawt was wearing it collecting for the British Legion in Morrison's. I got banned from there for weeks, but that's another dit. :D
My OSM is engraved (with my details I hasten to add)
 
#48
Rumrat said:
Seaweed said:
Lots of WW2 War Medals (& maybe others) are issued without any engraving.
All WW2 medals except commonwealth gallantry L/service Good conduct or GSM are un-engraved :)

And commonwealth war and defence medals were silver unlike UK issue.

Ours are cupro nickel as is the OSM. :cry:
Would this be why when i recently applied for a gong for my grandad after 64 years (1939-45 medal i think) it didnt have anything on the back whatsoever???
 
#49
X.R.D said:
Rumrat said:
Seaweed said:
Lots of WW2 War Medals (& maybe others) are issued without any engraving.
All WW2 medals except commonwealth gallantry L/service Good conduct or GSM are un-engraved :)

And commonwealth war and defence medals were silver unlike UK issue.

Ours are cupro nickel as is the OSM. :cry:
Would this be why when i recently applied for a gong for my grandad after 64 years (1939-45 medal i think) it didnt have anything on the back whatsoever???
Thats correct mate only WW2 meds named were territorial long service /good conduct, Gsm for SE Asia 1945/46 GSM Palastine, Gallentry medals. All the 8 stars, The war medal and defence medal unmarked, except for Canadian South African and Australia and NewZealand I'm not sure of.
And if anyone picks up on the fact that I was born in Oz and brought up there until I was 13,my old man was a scot and his medals are British so did not see any Aussie ones at a young and tender age. :D :D :D :D
 
#50
X.R.D said:
Rumrat said:
Seaweed said:
Lots of WW2 War Medals (& maybe others) are issued without any engraving.
All WW2 medals except commonwealth gallantry L/service Good conduct or GSM are un-engraved :)

And commonwealth war and defence medals were silver unlike UK issue.

Ours are cupro nickel as is the OSM. :cry:
Would this be why when i recently applied for a gong for my grandad after 64 years (1939-45 medal i think) it didnt have anything on the back whatsoever???
XRD
I had all my dads medals engraved with his name and No so they will be "His" for all time. Two of them were officially impressed, the GSM SE Asia, and the Terriers medal.
You could do like wise, the medals are not worth much because they are unmarked, but its nice to know who they belonged to. :D :D
 
#51
Rumrat said:
X.R.D said:
Rumrat said:
Seaweed said:
Lots of WW2 War Medals (& maybe others) are issued without any engraving.
All WW2 medals except commonwealth gallantry L/service Good conduct or GSM are un-engraved :)

And commonwealth war and defence medals were silver unlike UK issue.

Ours are cupro nickel as is the OSM. :cry:
Would this be why when i recently applied for a gong for my grandad after 64 years (1939-45 medal i think) it didnt have anything on the back whatsoever???
XRD
I had all my dads medals engraved with his name and No so they will be "His" for all time. Two of them were officially impressed, the GSM SE Asia, and the Terriers medal.
You could do like wise, the medals are not worth much because they are unmarked, but its nice to know who they belonged to. :D :D
Might do that with my grandad's WW2 medals. his are all unmarked as they are replacements after some thieving scumbag stole the originals although I do have the paperwork proving his eligibility (and if I find a walt wearing them, fcuking standby :twisted: )_
 
#52
WreckerL said:
Rumrat said:
X.R.D said:
Rumrat said:
Seaweed said:
Lots of WW2 War Medals (& maybe others) are issued without any engraving.
All WW2 medals except commonwealth gallantry L/service Good conduct or GSM are un-engraved :)

And commonwealth war and defence medals were silver unlike UK issue.

Ours are cupro nickel as is the OSM. :cry:
Would this be why when i recently applied for a gong for my grandad after 64 years (1939-45 medal i think) it didnt have anything on the back whatsoever???
XRD
I had all my dads medals engraved with his name and No so they will be "His" for all time. Two of them were officially impressed, the GSM SE Asia, and the Terriers medal.
You could do like wise, the medals are not worth much because they are unmarked, but its nice to know who they belonged to. :D :D
Might do that with my grandad's WW2 medals. his are all unmarked as they are replacements after some thieving scumbag stole the originals although I do have the paperwork proving his eligibility (and if I find a walt wearing them, fcuking standby :twisted: )_
If you do have them done try to take an original of the same medal so they can copy the size and position. They will not look the same as originals are impressed. A word of warning, if they are issued medals and not officially impressed the medal office will do them, but if done by a civvy, will be classed as forgeries or defaced by collectors.
You may hold them dear as your grandads but future Wrecklers might not and want to sell them.
Do not donate them to a museum either as they have thousands, and will either not show them, or may even sell or dispose of them at a latter date and there is nowt you can do to stop them. :D
 
#53
Rumrat said:
WreckerL said:
Rumrat said:
X.R.D said:
Rumrat said:
Seaweed said:
Lots of WW2 War Medals (& maybe others) are issued without any engraving.
All WW2 medals except commonwealth gallantry L/service Good conduct or GSM are un-engraved :)

And commonwealth war and defence medals were silver unlike UK issue.

Ours are cupro nickel as is the OSM. :cry:
Would this be why when i recently applied for a gong for my grandad after 64 years (1939-45 medal i think) it didnt have anything on the back whatsoever???
XRD
I had all my dads medals engraved with his name and No so they will be "His" for all time. Two of them were officially impressed, the GSM SE Asia, and the Terriers medal.
You could do like wise, the medals are not worth much because they are unmarked, but its nice to know who they belonged to. :D :D
Might do that with my grandad's WW2 medals. his are all unmarked as they are replacements after some thieving scumbag stole the originals although I do have the paperwork proving his eligibility (and if I find a walt wearing them, fcuking standby :twisted: )_
If you do have them done try to take an original of the same medal so they can copy the size and position. They will not look the same as originals are impressed. A word of warning, if they are issued medals and not officially impressed the medal office will do them, but if done by a civvy, will be classed as forgeries or defaced by collectors.
You may hold them dear as your grandads but future Wrecklers might not and want to sell them.
Do not donate them to a museum either as they have thousands, and will either not show them, or may even sell or dispose of them at a latter date and there is nowt you can do to stop them. :D
Didn't know the medal office did them, cheers Rumrat, I'll look into that
 
#55
2_deck_dash said:
Montigny_La_Palisse said:
2_deck_dash said:
As an ex Harrier pilot who transferred to the SBS
WAAAAALT!!!! I know him!

Now, prepare to be hounded to death by civvies and cadets at the cost of 800000000 man hours who know fcuk all but want to OUT YOU!
You forgot about my time in the Legion, good bunch of blokes, I'll be damned if I can remember my service number though.
:?:
:roll:
Perfect legionaire

You joined to FORGET remember

Jack McH
 
#56
PartTimer said:
Plenty of unofficial bling on sale as well which some people seem to go in for - take a look at what must be an extreme example on Arrse. Obviously someone who has served (RN)...

http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=126565.html
If as the badge on his blazer suggests he is a Veteran of the Nuclear Tests carried out in the Pacific in the 50's, perhaps he was a National Serviceman who didn't get any other medals for his service. So he's bought some bling to big himself up, as afar as I'm concerned if he stood on the tiller flat and looked into the flash and mushroom cloud when ordered he can wear them with pride.
People waste so much time trying to out people, "Because he's wearing his Sam Browne belt incorrectly..." (As happened on ARRSE to an ex Para Warrant Officer Falklands Vet and there was as per usual no attempt on the part of the accusers to remove their accusations or apologise.) look at how many threads have been devoted to Shortt, 4!! FFS, move on the guys been outed, reported to the press etc.
When all those who so readily accuse others front up and scan their service docs with photographic evidence and signed affidavits that they are who they claim to be and have done what they claim, it's all just he said, she said on the interweb!
 
#57
NZ_Bootneck said:
PartTimer said:
Plenty of unofficial bling on sale as well which some people seem to go in for - take a look at what must be an extreme example on Arrse. Obviously someone who has served (RN)...

http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=126565.html
If as the badge on his blazer suggests he is a Veteran of the Nuclear Tests carried out in the Pacific in the 50's, perhaps he was a National Serviceman who didn't get any other medals for his service. So he's bought some bling to big himself up, as afar as I'm concerned if he stood on the tiller flat and looked into the flash and mushroom cloud when ordered he can wear them with pride.
People waste so much time trying to out people, "Because he's wearing his Sam Browne belt incorrectly..." (As happened on ARRSE to an ex Para Warrant Officer Falklands Vet and there was as per usual no attempt on the part of the accusers to remove their accusations or apologise.) look at how many threads have been devoted to Shortt, 4!! FFS, move on the guys been outed, reported to the press etc.
When all those who so readily accuse others front up and scan their service docs with photographic evidence and signed affidavits that they are who they claim to be and have done what they claim, it's all just he said, she said on the interweb!
Agree wholeheartedly, sad life looking for fault in others, and to wax biblical "Let he/she who is without sin cast the first stone.

There loads who drip on about SLR making money from "Poor unsuspecting soles" No one with the kind of money he is looking for is unsuspecting. In the business world?....please.
Secondly, as Matelots and Booties, they never Grippo'd anyone, or worked a number?
Please ,..jealousy is not an admiral trait in anyone especially when its hand in hand with hypocrisy. :twisted: :D
 
#58
NZ_Bootneck said:
PartTimer said:
Plenty of unofficial bling on sale as well which some people seem to go in for - take a look at what must be an extreme example on Arrse. Obviously someone who has served (RN)...

http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=126565.html
If as the badge on his blazer suggests he is a Veteran of the Nuclear Tests carried out in the Pacific in the 50's, perhaps he was a National Serviceman who didn't get any other medals for his service. So he's bought some bling to big himself up, as afar as I'm concerned if he stood on the tiller flat and looked into the flash and mushroom cloud when ordered he can wear them with pride.
People waste so much time trying to out people, "Because he's wearing his Sam Browne belt incorrectly..." (As happened on ARRSE to an ex Para Warrant Officer Falklands Vet and there was as per usual no attempt on the part of the accusers to remove their accusations or apologise.) look at how many threads have been devoted to Shortt, 4!! FFS, move on the guys been outed, reported to the press etc.
When all those who so readily accuse others front up and scan their service docs with photographic evidence and signed affidavits that they are who they claim to be and have done what they claim, it's all just he said, she said on the interweb
!
Well said Royal, and exactly my point.
 
#59
WreckerL said:
rod-gearing said:
2_deck_dash said:
Montigny_La_Palisse said:
2_deck_dash said:
As an ex Harrier pilot who transferred to the SBS
WAAAAALT!!!! I know him!

Now, prepare to be hounded to death by civvies and cadets at the cost of 800000000 man hours who know fcuk all but want to OUT YOU!
You forgot about my time in the Legion, good bunch of blokes, I'll be damned if I can remember my service number though.
:?:
:roll:
I can,it was B0Ll0x362436. Mines the one number above it.
I remember you shagging that camel in Morrocco.
And can I have my swiss army knife back, I really needed that in Beirut
No,I sold it to my mate I was in the Paras with in Borneo back in 1965 when I was 10.
 
#60
I thought that the Atomic Test Veteran 'walt outing' was particularly spiteful, here's a guy who's obviously just come out of the High Court in London (The building in the background.) after seeing his Associations legal team win the right to sue the MOD.
So we can safely assume that in his service he's been exposed to huge doses of radiation that have effected him and his family.
And then some smartarse thinks it'll be a wheeze to shame the bloke as well because he's got some bling on that although not official he seems to have earned through doing what the medals say he's done.
Nice one, whose the bigger cnut!! I've got my opinion.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Shakey Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
B The Quarterdeck 25
Seadog The Fleet Air Arm 14

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top