Walt Thread

Seadog

War Hero
From what Sol posts, the statutes appear less clear than I thought but not muddy enough to say I’m talking crap and I’m not about to go Googling on someone else’s behalf.

To reduce the occurance of bogus bling I’d boycott ex service organisations who advertise and otherwise endorse official looking unofficial medals from various ‘mints’ even if they do give a percentage of the sale to service charities. Just stop it.

I’d also consider the mental health of those who insist on wearing bogus bling after they have been correctly identified as ‘a Walt’.

Self appointed ‘Walt hunters’ should stop disrespecting Walter Mitty, who never misrepresented himself and only ever dreamt of being Audie Murphy.

I’m reminded of a young lad who came into my local voice first, right hand extended, entreating patrons to; ‘shake hands with a Para’.

“I’m in the Navy, pleased to meet you Skin” says I, “ how long have you been in?”

“I start basic training in two weeks”, replies our hero.

Was he a ‘Walt’?

Sumo

War Hero
“I’m in the Navy, pleased to meet you Skin” says I, “ how long have you been in?”

Was he a ‘Walt’?
Maybe a misguided over excited newbie, who may have beenheading for the biggest shock/eye opener of his life?

slim

War Hero
From what Sol posts, the statutes appear less clear than I thought but not muddy enough to say I’m talking crap and I’m not about to go Googling on someone else’s behalf.

To reduce the occurance of bogus bling I’d boycott ex service organisations who advertise and otherwise endorse official looking unofficial medals from various ‘mints’ even if they do give a percentage of the sale to service charities. Just stop it.

I’d also consider the mental health of those who insist on wearing bogus bling after they have been correctly identified as ‘a Walt’.

Self appointed ‘Walt hunters’ should stop disrespecting Walter Mitty, who never misrepresented himself and only ever dreamt of being Audie Murphy.

I’m reminded of a young lad who came into my local voice first, right hand extended, entreating patrons to; ‘shake hands with a Para’.

Was he a ‘Walt’?

Perhaps in a week or two he will be inviting you to "Shake hands with an ex Para" :)

CdoTaff

Midshipman

Was he a ‘Walt’?
So there is no law, as yet, you went off 1/2 cocked and yes he was a Walt, he was yet to join, did he pass out?.........

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Andymcslab RMR 0
BillyNoMates Diamond Lil's 37
N The Quarterdeck 299