Walt of the highest degree

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Pongo080, Jan 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gents I might have missed something ( Searched ) but I'm surprised you have not noticed the thread ( 3 of ) regarding Mr 'Barron Jim Short' So..

It gets better... Some 300 pages plus ( between them ) 8O http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=109934.html

This is rapidly becoming a huge issue internationally so any contributions are welcome. :wink:
  2. He really is UBER Walt without any doubt. I reckon you should do the 'invite' to give a lecture thing, it would be classic.
  3. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Indeed it is. If you can help bring the five star walt down, get involved. Incredible, he must know that the game is up but it's 'waltness as usual'.
  4. At a quick glance through the posts from this poor chap.It would seem that he could be suffering from AWS advanced Waltisium syndrome.
    The only recommended treatment I know for this condition is a good rubbing down wiff the Exchange & Mart. :roll:
  5. What drives this is the issue taken by claiming false valour. SAS SBS RM PARA Numerous Bling He's even been awarded by the pope :lol:
    no one is safe! :evil:
  6. But what do they get out of it?

why bother going to this extreme?

(appart from giving ARRSE something to do)
  7. can he read morse code ZUG !!!
  8. He must have spent a small fortune on ebay.
  9. Should've spent the money on whores.. would'a got more praise that way :roll:
  10. The man is obviously seriously ill, Baron Munchausen indeed. Having struck up such a good friendship with the members of Arrse its surprising there isn't at least one guy who remembers serving with him in any of his units? The accounts of his "CCT" lectures and subsequent faux legal threats are downright hilarious, but if he continues to stir the pot he might find himself upgraded from "int nuisance" to something he doesn't want to be, and an invite to Stella's cafe, cup of tea, negative sticky bun.

Meanwhile he continues to give the scientologists a good run for their money in the "completely off their tits" stakes. The LoF and the IBA......wow. Makes airsofters look like well adjusted lads with a mild interest in the military and guns....
  11. # James Shortt, Castleshort Lodge, Ballywater, Kilmuckridge, Co. Wexford, Ireland.
    # James Shortt, Ballywater, Kilmuckridge, Co. Wexford

I will have to keep my eyes open next time we are down at the mobile home/static at Kilmuckridge see if he is in the local pub spouting his Jackanories.
  12. From a fellow ARRSEr ( M D ) :wink: ..........
    Reply to topic

Re: 'Baron' Castleshort Part 2
    Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:55 pm

My own motivations for pursuing jimbo to a conclusion are clear.

1. I am a professional nurse and I resent someone pretending to have maintained such a qualification when clearly they have not.

2. The techniques of which I am able to assess, that Jimbo teaches may get a person killed. I dont take this lightly. Crap intubation techniques are a very quick way to kill somone. This may be a pertinent time to introduce jimbo to corporate manslaughter. If he permits and approves of supposed medical skills he can be prosecuted even if he doesnt do the act itself. Call me old fashioned but I dont want someone to die to prove this point.

3. The martial arts scene in UK is full of poseurs and jimbo is one of them. I resent thta tas it demeans all us lowlly practitioners who teach martial arts quietly and responsibly.

4. I am now and always have been in some kind of awe regarding anyone who has passed P Company and SAS selection. I could not do it myself and I know very well how difficult those courses are. To have someone just wear a beret and claim that they are one of those who I admire is foul and wrong. Jimbo should have passed SAS Selection and P Company. If he has not then he is lying.

5. Fraud. I am of the belief that people who enrol on jimbo's courses are under the impression that he knows what he is doing and his supposed qualifcations and IBA membership are valid in the real world of security. I feel that this constitutes fraud and endex for me would be a criminal charge brought regarding fraud.

6. Ripping people off. I am aware that jimbo's courses qualify someone for a first aid at work certificate (and a real one too) for a princely sum. The same qualification is available at our local College of Further Education for about 30 quid. In shortt the First Aid at Work cert just provides the person with enough knowledge for the professionals to get to the scene and take over. Nothing more.

7. He dresses in costume. This may be a minor point but posing in eccentric dress is just silly. I dont mind someone in a proper kilt who doesnt pretend to be military or someone who is celtic military who can wear the kilt with pride, but a tosser who cannot do either is worthy of contempt. To add to that, Jimbo wears unifrom of almost any force/Silverman's bargain bucket/what looks good on him rather than the uniform of the organisation he belongs to. On reflection it isnt a minor point, its serious. I wore my RCT and RAMC capbadges with immense pride and somone who thinks that its not necessary to actually have done a day's service to earn the right to wear such a beret or any other part of the uniform is what jimbo has called us - scum.
    HTH :wink:
  13. :D :D :lol: :lol:
  14. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

[quote="w.anchor"]At a quick glance through the posts from this poor chap.It would seem that he could be suffering from AWS advanced Waltisium syndrome.
    The only recommended treatment I know for this condition is a good rubbing down wiff the Exchange & Mart. :roll:[/quote]

Whatever you think of our mongo pongo brothers, once they have there teeth into your flesh its time to roll over and play dead.

A quick scan of thousands of pages on Baron Jimbo, where every tree and his dog takes a piss, leads even the most sceptic to believe that Mr James Shortt might have built his repuration on lies.

Without joining the treehuggers, I would like to ask what was his user name on ass? Seaching for Baron, Shortt or walt is just not giving the pages I'm after.
  15. AFAIK, the only user profile which has been positively identified as him is galloglaigh, though there are many who believe he has a couple of 'sock puppets' (ie accounts set up by him purporting to not be him but supporting him).

galloglaigh has only posted a couple of times, but his style is highly individualistic, and thus supports some of the alleged sock puppet claims.
  16. witsend

Cheers Joe!

Hows life you are now landlocked?

Amazing how the finger can be pointed, MONTHS later!
  17. My pleasure.

Do you know something I don't?

It's not pointing in my general direction, is it?
  18. witsend

Did they find the problem? No you may find your problem(s) might come to light later.

One at a time.
  19. James Shortt MBE, OBE, KGB, NAAFI, VD (with bar & scar) is either the worlds greatest Walt...

..or he could be the World and Olympic champion wind up artist!
  20. witsend