waiting

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by generator123, Nov 27, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

I went to my local AFCO approximately a year ago. I have since passed my psychometric, medical and PJFT. 3 days ago I had to re submit my security clearance again (1st one cleared). My desired job is to join as a WS. How long am I looking at before I get my PRNC & Raleigh date?

Thanks

2. One for Ninja

3. I'm joining 17th may 2015 and I would have been waiting two years since I passed my RT test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. I've just got my start date for next year making it nearly 2 years all in all. I think of the wait as a test in itself, its one way for them to wean out those doing it on a whim I guess. They can give estimates at the AFCO but there's never any guarantees

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

WS is currently about 16-18 months test to entry. Ish.

6. thanks for the replies, appreciate it

7. I was thinking of joining as WS, 2 years is too long for me. Do you know what the wait is for Hydrography/Oceanography? Ninja??

8. Ninja_Stoker

About two years for WS (HM).

WS MW is around 7 or 8 months, WS about 12 months for those applying right now.

9. Trainer

Trainer War Hero Book Reviewer

Where are you guys? Let's get you into the RNR if you are waiting, then you'll smash through Raleigh.

10. Thanks Ninja. Do you know the waiting time for CIS?

11. Ninja_Stoker

Off the top of my head I think ET(WE) CIS is around six months but because it's now a technical branch I'd expect waiting times to significantly increase because those initially applying for ET(WE) but not scoring high enough in the recruit test will naturally opt for ET(WE) (CIS), which requires a slightly lower score than ET(WE) but higher than WS.

12. Thanks again. Just wanted a heads up before I speak to AFCO again and re-apply in September

13. How easy is it to re-trade once you are in? Could I go in as CIS and then transfer to do my first choice HM as i'm 32 right now and don't have time to hang around waiting?

14. All things are possible, it depends if there's a vacancy in the HM branch and the CIS Branch manager will let you go. You'll have to have completed Phase 2 training first though.

15. Never join with the expectation that you'll be allowed to branch transfer, as refusal often offends. And you'll probably be refused.

If you want to go in as droggy, then join as one.