Waiting to hear back from capita - anyone else?

Twids

Badgeman
Not sure how you're getting on (sorry if this is resolved already) but I had a lot of trouble getting Capita, my GP and the RN to sort things out between them when I was doing my medical stuff. Turned out the GP never sent the report they were meant to until I chased them up about it almost 2 weeks after they claimed they sent it, but of course the RN couldn't do anything until Capita gave them the nod.

I'd recommended constantly calling people who are bottle necking the process and being a thorn in their side. You basically have to babysit your application through the Capita/GP wasteland to get it back to the RN. Keep calling, keep asking where things are. They'll get it done if you stay on their back.

Thomal99

Midshipman
Update. We have finally had an email from Capita booking my son in for a medical. Finally, at last !!!
The 17th October 2017!!!!!!!!!!! Really? Surely this is a mistake!

I have emailed Capita back to tell them this must be a typo.

B Tango

Badgeman
I had the same problem as your son, however I rang my AFCO & he sorted me a date for a medical there and then, 2 months later I have my entry date of 5th of Feb for Raleigh & a prnc date of Jan 16th

Gandolfthered

Midshipman
I hate this Capita crap.

I had me telephone medical early September then I had to do some breathing tests did them and have heard nothing for 2 months. I asked my AFCO and he just told me to wait and that they are 4 weeks behind.

In-between this I have emailed Capita and had no response.

They are the worst they forgot to send me my breathing tests and didn't send the for to my GP I had to do both of these things. I wish they would just sort themselves out.

B Tango

Badgeman
That's completely ridiculous I had mine in October and now I'm ready for Raleigh in Feb, I would get on your AFCO's ass... I had my phone call with the triage nurse and was told I would hear within 2 weeks about a medical date with them, didn't hear nothing... so I got in touch with my carrears advisor and he booked me an appointment for a medical there and then on the phone, luckily I was deemed fit for entry on the day otherwise who knows how long I could have been waiting around...

Moral of the story, your Careers Advisor is the way forward!...

Gandolfthered

Midshipman
Will have to phone him up tomorrow. I did go and see him and he told me to wait. he also thinks I wont have to go for a medical and they will declare me fit over the phone.