Waiting to hear back from capita - anyone else?

Thomal99

Midshipman
Hi - just seeing if this is normal wait time. My 16 yr old son had his telephone call from the triage nurse from capita one month ago and he thinks she told him that he would get an email asking him to go for a medical within a couple of weeks as the only thing on his questionnaire was a circumcision when he was 5 because of an over tight foreskin. ( poor boy would hate me mentioning this)
We haven't heard anything despite checking spam and normal emails every day. I emailed capita after the two weeks but no reply. Is this normal? Would the AFCO know anything further? Or is it a case of sit back and wait until we hear?

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Hi - just seeing if this is normal wait time. My 16 yr old son had his telephone call from the triage nurse from capita one month ago and he thinks she told him that he would get an email asking him to go for a medical within a couple of weeks as the only thing on his questionnaire was a circumcision when he was 5 because of an over tight foreskin. ( poor boy would hate me mentioning this)
We haven't heard anything despite checking spam and normal emails every day. I emailed capita after the two weeks but no reply. Is this normal? Would the AFCO know anything further? Or is it a case of sit back and wait until we hear?
Talk to his AFCO

Drakey

War Hero
He's not joining as an officer then....

PDizzles

I just joined the forum...

I passed the recruitment tests well over a month ago and eagerly filled out the medical questionnaire and had an eye test as quickly as I could. I sent all that paperwork of over 4 weeks ago, and 3 weeks ago I emailed my AFCO to check they had received it and it was confirmed that it was now in the hands of CAPITA and I just had to wait for a medical date to be given by CAPITA. Well I'm still waiting, and starting to be concerned that this seems like a very long time.

Exeter is my nearest AFCO if it makes any difference.
Anyone know what the typical waiting times are before I should expect to hear from them?
I'm applying for RM Officer so the September intake is starting to feel increasingly close, considering how much of the application process I still have left. How much of a risk is there that I won't be able to make the 2017 intake due to running out of time?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Check your junk/spam email folder, there maybe an email off the Triage Nurse arranging a telephone consultation prior to booking your medical. If they try to get in touch three times without success, they bin the booking.

The contracted medical company are a fair bit behind the curve on this aspect as some people are waiting seven or eight weeks. More here: http://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/triage-how-long-have-you-waited-for-that-call.95894/#post-592050

Will you make the 2017 batch? Hopefully, yes.

I've been in the same boat (har har) until recently. At this stage Capita should be contacting your son's GP to get access to his medical record, which they need before they decide to book him on for an appointment. However, in my case Capita spent ages doing anything but this, then when they finally did send the request to my GP, I had to harass my GP to make sure it was getting done, and then harass Capita for a good few weeks until they finally booked an appointment. What I was told would be a month or so ended up taking about four from the phone call to booking appointment (mine will be slightly longer however as I had to spend a month keeping a peak flow diary because of asthma in my childhood). Though I'm sure they're busy, everyone I've talked to about this say that you basically have to force Capita in to pushing you through this stage. My advice: just ring them every few days to find out what stage you're at and then keep ringing to make sure progress is actually being made. Hope this helps.

PDizzles

I regularly and thoroughly check for emails from the Navy and CAPITA, but I haven't received anything so far. I might check if my GP has heard from them at all. Thanks

No worries, I hope it all goes well. Honestly though, I wouldn't wait around for an email because Capita may have forgotten - this is their number 03450 341437. I found 9-10am best time to call. All the best.

Flanker_Scrum

Midshipman
I'm just off the phone with capita. I've been waiting around 4 weeks to receive word from them. I've been told they they are getting up to date with everything now so hopefully here from them soon. Hope it helps!

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I'm just off the phone with capita. I've been waiting around 4 weeks to receive word from them. I've been told they they are getting up to date with everything now so hopefully here from them soon. Hope it helps!
Fingers crossed this is indeed the case. The issue isn't the people working there, it's the inadequate provision of the quantity of the people working there.

Hooly

Lantern Swinger
Navy shouldn't involve civvies in recruitment. RN is short of manpower and this sort of things going on makes no sense.

Thomal99

Midshipman
Well hopefully Capita will get back on track soon then. It is 8 weeks since he had his call from the triage nurse telling him he will be put forward for a medical within two weeks. He did get an email about a month ago saying they were sorry about the delay. But that was because I emailed them. :)

Twids

Badgeman
Not sure how you're getting on (sorry if this is resolved already) but I had a lot of trouble getting Capita, my GP and the RN to sort things out between them when I was doing my medical stuff. Turned out the GP never sent the report they were meant to until I chased them up about it almost 2 weeks after they claimed they sent it, but of course the RN couldn't do anything until Capita gave them the nod.

I'd recommended constantly calling people who are bottle necking the process and being a thorn in their side. You basically have to babysit your application through the Capita/GP wasteland to get it back to the RN. Keep calling, keep asking where things are. They'll get it done if you stay on their back.

Thomal99

Midshipman
Update. We have finally had an email from Capita booking my son in for a medical. Finally, at last !!!
The 17th October 2017!!!!!!!!!!! Really? Surely this is a mistake!

I have emailed Capita back to tell them this must be a typo.

B Tango

Badgeman
I had the same problem as your son, however I rang my AFCO & he sorted me a date for a medical there and then, 2 months later I have my entry date of 5th of Feb for Raleigh & a prnc date of Jan 16th

Gandolfthered

Midshipman
I hate this Capita crap.

I had me telephone medical early September then I had to do some breathing tests did them and have heard nothing for 2 months. I asked my AFCO and he just told me to wait and that they are 4 weeks behind.

In-between this I have emailed Capita and had no response.

They are the worst they forgot to send me my breathing tests and didn't send the for to my GP I had to do both of these things. I wish they would just sort themselves out.