Waiting times for the RN! please help!!!!

welchyy

Badgeman
Hello this is my first time on the site.

First of all im one of these people who cannot decide what to do with their life. All i know is i want to start off in the military.

I was looking for which trades in the RN have the shortest waiting times, on the website i see AET's are needed?

I have qualifications up to good GCSE's

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Drakey

War Hero
Don't chose your trade by the shortest waiting time. They are not published on here anymore. Visit your local AFCO and find out

old_fart

Lantern Swinger
Drakey's advice is sound. Choose the trade you want - it will be worth the wait otherwise it could be a recipe for disaster.

welchyy

Badgeman
Don't chose your trade by the shortest waiting time. They are not published on here anymore. Visit your local AFCO and find out

I currently have a RM application with the AFCO, but struggling with weight loss to pass a medical retake.

So I don't want to give the impression that my heart is not all for the RM, it is. Just looking to explore different options and have had enough of my day job now.

I'm looking at all the trades because i have no idea what would be best for me.

Shortest wait is 9 months and the longest is 5 years. But choose your job on what they do not on how long it is to get in. As Drakey says pop into your nearest office and have a chat

SM

welchyy

Badgeman
Shortest wait is 9 months and the longest is 5 years. But choose your job on what they do not on how long it is to get in. As Drakey says pop into your nearest office and have a chat

SM

Would it look bad if i did this, then decided to carry on with my RM application?

Also, what trade has the 9 month wait?

The million dollar question!!!!

If you want RM's then you should go for that only. If you want the RN then you need to choose a trade

SM

welchyy

Badgeman
The million dollar question!!!!

If you want RM's then you should go for that only. If you want the RN then you need to choose a trade

SM

Hmmmm, the problem is i really don't know what i want to do.

AET is something that interests me, how long would the waiting list for that trade be roughly?

Rem3pt

MIA
Stop right where you are because this is a bad attitude to have towards your potential career. Forget the waiting times and choose one you like the best and then think about the wait. 9 months is a long time just to find out that you hate the job!

Have some inititave and look at the jobs you can do, we can't tell you what to do because how the fcuk should we know?

welchyy

Badgeman
Stop right where you are because this is a bad attitude to have towards your potential career. Forget the waiting times and choose one you like the best and then think about the wait. 9 months is a long time just to find out that you hate the job!

Have some inititave and look at the jobs you can do, we can't tell you what to do because how the fcuk should we know?

Would it be a better idea for me to bounce from one dead end job to another?

I have no idea what would interest me and have spent plenty of time researching different trades and speaking to people who have served.

Just looking for the waiting times as there are many different trades I would like to do and it would be a big factor in choosing which route I go down, as I have had enough of civvie street and would like to get stuck in ASAP! (I have already been in the RM application process for 9 months.)

Latest Threads