Waiting times after RT

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by mattw87, Jul 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening all,

I sat and passed my RT in May 2010 and decided to apply to the RN Submarine Service as a Marine Technician. At the time I was told I should expect a 12 months wait until entry, however as time has gone on that wait has increased and seems to increase every time I speak to my AFCO.

This is a bit frustrating however I do understand that it is inherently unpredictable and will continue to change.

I do want to know however what waits others have had and also what the current waiting times are.

I have my medical 21/07 so it seems my AFCO are progressing me further now but I am still in the dark as to when I could be expecting to actually start at Raleigh.

Cheers

2. I'm applying as WS. Sat my RT on the 27th march '10 and got the call saying I'm being processed a few days ago. From what I've gathered from this site the tests are valid for 12 months, with the compulsory RNAC beforehand so it'll be within the year.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011