Waiting time for Warfare Officer?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by jacktaylor, Aug 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

Just a quick one; I've got my RT date for the start of September. I'm just wondering if there is a waiting list for Warfare Officer? I have read some older posts which suggest there are waiting times for specific roles. I wondered if this is still the case. The reason I ask is I'm currently 24 and will be 25 in January.
  2. tam

It will be worth the wait as you will be able to strut round the ship thinking you are the dog’s bollocks.

Having said that, the MEO said to the PWO, 'your cabin size is dependent on how big the decisions are that you have to make and my one is considerably larger than yours’.
  3. There isn't a waiting list for officers, the time between applying and joining depends on how well you complete each step of the application:
    -Medical/Eye Test
    -SIFT Interview

You have to pass each stage before you can progress to the next and with the AIB, the higher your score compared to other applicants the quicker you will be accepted into BRNC.
    Hope this helps!

PS: I am applying for Warfare Officer as well!
  4. If you want to be a Warfare SM and you get a good AIB score you can get in pretty quickly. Conversely if you want to be Warfare GS and you get an AIB score of less than 190 then you can probably expect a long wait:thumbright:
  5. Thank you all for the replies. I'm happy to hear there is no waiting list as such. Just hoping I pass my RT first time. I am spending my time now revising for the mechanics section, and brushing up on my maths.

How does the scoring work for AIB?
  6. Random Qn here but have you any idea how competitive the MEO (SM) branch is at the moment?
  7. Be good at it and do well, faff over it, don't get in. Seriously, the AIB shouldn't be worried about - it is the bare minimum required to get in.
  8. I found the recruitment process to getting an AIB date surprisingly quick. It took a while to get a RT and medical date due to the amount of people going through the process but you book your own eye test and PJFT so once you receive the forms for those it is up to you. From my PJFT had a 4 week date until my interview and I got an AIB date a couple of weeks after that. So not bad. It's as quick as you make it really. Mind you I was in my last year at university so time was flying by quick anyway!

Good luck.
  9. The competition is more between AFCOs finding suitable candidates rather than between the qualified candidates themselves... If you can pass your RT, SIFT and AIB you're almost certainly going to get an offer.