Waiting time for Medical Assistant (Submariner)

sweetharmony

Midshipman
Hi there,

I'm applying as a Medical Assistant (Submariner), I've passed my psychometric test, selection interview and PJFT, had security clearance and everything. Was just wondering how long I'll be waiting for a date for Raleigh if anyone has any sort of idea?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Have you asked your careers adviser?

I know GS is a year or two, but can't remember the wait for MA(SM), it's usually a bit less.

T5igger

Lantern Swinger
this gives me hope haha, I've applied for the same role! just passed my test now an interview next week.

can I ask, from the day of your test to your start date how many months roughly is it?

T5igger

Lantern Swinger
damn that was so quick! I had my test yesterday! how did you so the medical, fitness be security so quickly?!

sweetharmony

Midshipman
Simply because I've got a brilliant careers advisor! My medical was a bit of a hiccup so put a bit of a delay on it.. As for the interview, relax, be yourself and be open and honest. It's nowhere near as bad as you think...

T5igger

Lantern Swinger
They just told me they'd ask lots and lots of questions about the Navy and the job, obs I've done my research but I'm worried they'll ask me something and I simply won't know!

One thing, I've looked online and cannot find the answer! Where do you think we'll be based as MAs subs?