Waiting time for AIB?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by minime, Dec 28, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there! I'm about to start my final term at University and recently developed a massive interest in joining the Royal navy as a Warfare Officer. I've been to the careers office and they have given me forms to send off for the Pre Joining Fitness Tests which I have promptly filled and dispatched.

I was just wondering how long the system takes before I will likely be at the PJFTs and then how long before I will likely be at the AIB? As obviously I want to be at BRNC as soon as possible after university!
  2. OMM

OMM War Hero

Just depends on your readiness and the AFCOs efficiency. It will be a long wait for a start date anyway.

So if you've filled in the forms next you will be required to sit the recruiting test and achieve the required grade for your desired trade, then PJFT and then medical.

Your best source of info is your AFCO, next time your in or on the phone to them just ask
  3. BRNC intakes are in February, May, September and November; a Warfare Officer starting the recruitment process in the New Year would probably be looking at September/November, provided that he/she has passed all the early stages satisfactorily, scored sufficiently well at the AIB to be in the running when the Board makes its selection, (an AIB pass doesn't guarantee a place at BRNC) and that there are Warfare Officers in the autumn intakes.

You have a way to go before you get to the AIB. The first stage is the RT, not the PJFT. You can see examples of RT questions in this booklet:

You need to score well in the RT if you are interested in becoming a Warfare Officer, so do a lot of prep beforehand.

You also need good visual acuity and colour perception, by the way. All being well, your eyetest will confirm that you reach the required standard.

As far as the AIB itself is concerned, see here: