waiting lists?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Guest, Oct 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi to join the rn as a rating are there waiting lists? and how long are these thanks

2. Depends on what branch you want.

3. Do you have a recruiting office?

4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Do you have a name?

5. Do you have a bar of chocolate and George Clooney's telephone number?

6. I have a dish of ice cream and Micheal Moore's e-mail address.
    Will that do?

7. I've got an aerial photograph of John Wayne's dhoby bucket

8. No! You cheapskate!! :roll:

9. I've got a sharp piece of string and a P-45 can spanner. Any use?
    RoofRat :lol:

10. And what would you suggest that I use those for?!!

No on second thoughts please don't answer that!

11. Spoilsport :lol: :lol: :lol:
    RoofRat

12. How very helpful. Well done everyone, I'm sure our chap is delighted by the adult response to a fairly sensible question.

13. I say Geoffers old chap, that was a bit of a pompous post.

Given that the chap
    (a) did not log in properly and posted as a guest
    (b) got two sensible answers at the beginning of the thread and
    (c) did not come back on those comments I think we can assume that either he really is not that interested in joining the RN or has found the answer elsewhere.

Also I am sure that many of the other contributors will agree that it is character building for him to have to cope with the level of mickey taking one gets on here, whats that lovely old expression - if you can't take it, shouldn't have joined.

14. I say Geoffers old chap, that was a bit of a pompous post.

Given that the chap
    (a) did not log in properly and posted as a guest
    (b) got two sensible answers at the beginning of the thread and
    (c) did not come back on those comments I think we can assume that either he really is not that interested in joining the RN or has found the answer elsewhere.

Also I am sure that many of the other contributors will agree that it is character building for him to have to cope with the level of mickey taking one gets on here, whats that lovely old expression - if you can't take it, shouldn't have joined.

15. ease up

16. True, but the other option is that he was pissed off by the not-exactly-helpful replies (standfast the first few) and has joined the pongoes/crabs! Not being pompous, just trying to get people to look at their posts objectively. Andym's signature block says it for me!